Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy week by Everton standards I reckon.

Defo gonna see a few through the door, cant see us getting shut of any currently, few little niggles in the squad, so I think its unlikely but not impossible, come on Everton, get amongst it.

I still think Depay will leave. Whether that's to us or not, I don't know.
I just think his ego seems too big for a bit-part role.

...I think the stumbling block is not the player, it's that Man Utd won't entertain a loan deal. It means somebody being prepared to pay £25m plus huge salary on a player who is yet to prove himself at Premiership level. That's high risk and the reason why all suitors are seeking a loan.

Why would we loan him ? Just get a fiver for him and bye bye would make more sense ..

...it's probably all to do with salary. QPR won't pay him £40k per week and know his situation at Everton. They will probably offer a loan fee which would equate to them paying £15k-£20k per week until the end of the season. They won't want a permanent deal involving a contract beyond this season for a 33 year old.

...I think the stumbling block is not the player, it's that Man Utd won't entertain a loan deal. It means somebody being prepared to pay £25m plus huge salary on a player who is yet to prove himself at Premiership level. That's high risk and the reason why all suitors are seeking a loan.

Agree, they are asking for too much with Schnieiderlin as he not years older and been a failure for them and want to recoup most of their money back which we have to pay as we need hi m and is not a massive risk like Depay.

Why should they recoup their money for Depay when he been a flop and might not even be able to play in this league, his attitude is questionable. I wouldnt go near if they want over 18 million for him tbf. Look abroad and let man u keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back