Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what does that tell you?

Tells me that he was a good player in a bad team who had an off night

Now he's pushing for promotion to the Premier League

The #DuffyPosse is behind you Shane, make this a reality Everton, bring Shane home!!!
lol I can't help but laugh at the way you talk about him. I love how those 11 clean sheets were his clean sheets and how he's pushing for promotion instead of the team.

I hope we sign one of Mikey's boys soon. He puts so much passion into them he needs one to happen or I fear a great depression will hit him.

Duffy isn't even on the cards mate, I can't see Brighton selling him now when crunch time is coming

Saido on the other hand is not quite out of sight yet

Having a few folk coming on here saying they regret Shane's sale will content me for now. I got a lot of stick for backing him back during the Martinez years, so it's nice to see him get a bit more credit now because he deserves it. Always a good defender and deserved more chances here

I highly doubt we will be bringing in a goalkeeper this window, goalkeepers take time to settle and become confident in the defence in front of them. They need time to understand how players will react and that's not something you want to be happening in important PL games... I assume we will end up buying a Goalkeeper early summer transfer window, so they have plenty of times to get their bearings in the squad.

I think he brought in Stekelenburg just for 1 season on a free because they couldnt find a top goalkeeper in the summer. Next year i'm sure they know what they want and buy a better one. Wouldnt surprise me if they go for Pickford.

Oh it's definitely not busy. But you can be sure that time will never be taken out. Out of curiosity how come no other premier league manager feels the same as you?

Well a manager who, if the season keeps going as it is, will be managing in the Premier League next season seems to

Brighton, who are promotion hopefuls, signed Shane from Blackburn and they've gone from strength to strength in their quest for said promotion since he came on board

Clearly Chris Hughton thinks he's good enough for the Premier League, as he sees him as an integral part of a team who can get there

If was just a second tier journeyman, he'd still be toiling for a no hoper like Blackburn

But no, he went to Blackburn to build back up his rep and then got his move to a promotion chaser as consequence, and if all goes well he'll be back playing PL Football next season

Sometimes you have to drop down a level and prove your worth to get back to the top level again

Last edited:

Well a manager who, if the season keeps going as it is, will be managing in the Premier League next season seems to

Brighton, who are promotion hopefuls, signed Shane from Blackburn and they've gone from strength to strength in their quest for said promotion since he came on board

Clearly Chris Hughton thinks he's good enough for the Premier League, as he sees him as an integral part of a team who can get there

If was just a second tier journeyman, he'd still be toiling for a mid table no hoper like Blackburn

But no, he went to Blackburn to build back up his rep and then got his move to a promotion chaser as consequence, and if all goes well he'll be back playing PL Football next season

Sometimes you have to drop down to get back up again
Shane Duffy? Are we talking about the same Shane Duffy?

If was just a second tier journeyman, he'd still be toiling for a mid table no hoper like Blackburn

Sometimes you have to drop down to get back up again
I'll admit the (in my opinion) blind loyalty is impressive if not grating.

Even if Brighton does come up I'll wager they'd sell him to the next championship contender and get premier league quality players. No promoted team go with what they have. There's a reason those players (for the most part) were in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back