Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
NXDyaU0.jpg

VVD, Gimenez and Mertens! Wow!
Surely we can test the resolve of the Southampton board by bidding like 45 mln for him. They are 100% aware that they will loose him soon. They know that he is at his peak now and they will have to make the tough decision to wait for the summer or sell now. If Southampton lose against the RS in the second leg, their season is basically over and they may suffer a loss of form. 4-5 more performances like against Tottenham or , God forbid, injury, and they could see 10-15 mln of his present price leak in the drainage.
Jose Gimenez. I happen to have watched a lot of Atletico games in the last 3-4 years and I can tell you that this is a smoking hot prospect. I remember watching him for the first time and thinking "Wow! Who is this boy?". Bare in mind that Atletico is, or at least was till very recently the best team in Europe, when it comes to defending and team effort. So, being part of the core of that defence speaks volume. My hope here is that Gimenez seems to have fallen out of favour and Simeone tend to get rid of such players with ease. He obviously doesn't believe in the second chance. Just look at Mandjukic, Vietto, Kranevitter, Jackson Martinez, Oliver Torres, Siqueira, Mario Suarez and I am pretty sure that Gaitan will soon follow.
Mertens will be extremely hard. Napoli are fighting for their CL spot and to sell their best player now would be suicidal.

Surely we can test the resolve of the Southampton board by bidding like 45 mln for him. They are 100% aware that they will loose him soon. They know that he is at his peak now and they will have to make the tough decision to wait for the summer or sell now. If Southampton lose against the RS in the second leg, their season is basically over and they may suffer a loss of form. 4-5 more performances like against Tottenham or , God forbid, injury, and they could see 10-15 mln of his present price leak in the drainage.
Jose Gimenez. I happen to have watched a lot of Atletico games in the last 3-4 years and I can tell you that this is a smoking hot prospect. I remember watching him for the first time and thinking "Wow! Who is this boy?". Bare in mind that Atletico is, or at least was till very recently the best team in Europe, when it comes to defending and team effort. So, being part of the core of that defence speaks volume. My hope here is that Gimenez seems to have fallen out of favour and Simeone tend to get rid of such players with ease. He obviously doesn't believe in the second chance. Just look at Mandjukic, Vietto, Kranevitter, Jackson Martinez, Oliver Torres, Siqueira, Mario Suarez and I am pretty sure that Gaitan will soon follow.
Mertens will be extremely hard. Napoli are fighting for their CL spot and to sell their best player now would be suicidal.

Giminez - real talent but will cost a fortune, VVD seems to be Koeman's preferred choice.
Gaitan - Hyped up a lot whilst at Benfica, not seen much of him since, sure he is 27-29 so would be wasted having signed Bolasie.
Mertens - Would love to have a look at Mertens but trying to deal with De Laurenitis (spell check) would be madness. He would drain us of about £10-15m more than Mertens true value.

I can't see Mertens and Gimenez coming to us. If they go anywhere they'll head to teams with a guaranteed place in the Champions League and we're just not gonna get that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back