Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've done a pretty amazing job rebuilding constantly after selling all their best players but that business model can't last forever. They'll fall away eventually if even West Ham can pinch their players

They are falling away before our eyes now mate, they wont finish top 14 this season

Happy with what has been done so far, I was expecting more faces judging by the way Ronnie was talking prior to the window so I'm surprised only 2 weeks left and we have only brought in 2.

This is not a moan either, I'm happy, just surprised. If we don't get another striker though it will be a let down, banking on Rom not getting injured is too big a risk in my opinion.

Never buy a striker offa one good season in the prem mate

been absolutely loads of one season wonders that did nothing after

This blows my mind how people get so sucked in and excited after one good season, that includes pundits and ex pros who should know better, it happens on a regular basis, when will people learn. Jelavic anyone.

If the window were to shut now, I'd be happy with what we've got. No doubting the fact that we're considerably stronger now than we were December 31st.

upload_2017-1-19_16-28-9.webp

I think this is a realistic and reasonable way to look at things.

I still think we might get another 1-2 in, and to play devils advocate a little, if we did not, then it would seem to be the second window in succession where we have not spent as much as suggested in advance and brought in as many signings as expected.

That's just a general impression based on admittedly loose paper talk and internet links but also the general thrust of comments from Moshiri and Koeman would have led me to think we would be a little busier this month.

If they can't get more of their targets in, then fair enough, no point throwing money away for nothing. Schneiderlin is an excellent signing and hopefully Lookman will prove to be so too.

The one caveat I would add is that if we don't add further signings in the next two weeks, we have to get it right in the summer and the excuses of players not being available/less value in the market won't be accepted as readily then. I admit I have doubts about Everton being able to spend a significant amount of cash within the same window and co-ordinate things to the degree where signing 5 or 6 players becomes a reality.

We still need that many in my opinion, and if we can make a dent on that number this month, it will be great. I'm happy with the players signed so far but I think if the big push in signings that we had been expecting since last year does not materialise in the summer, folk will not be happy.

The net outlay to date is modest and not indicative so far of serious investment and months of transfer planning coming to fruition. It's all on the summer for me. I don't expect a lot in January, and last summer was the bedding in period for all our new staff.

As always a good post. I think we will throw our hat in the deadline day ring and may pluck a couple.

I am happy enough with what we've done. Schneiderlin the manager wanted and Lookmam looks promising. I do think the emergence of Davies and Holgate as well as DCL has led to a little re think.

Overall I'd be disappointed if we don't get another centre forward. Everywhere else on the pitch we seem ok, strengthening would help but we are ok. However we do need to get Lukaku some help even with Valencias form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back