Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imaging thinking Davies is better than Barkley.

Flavour of the month is our Thomas.

Beauty of the squad with one or two additions is that we may get used to seeing a stronger bench of ross, Mirallas, McCarthy, Jagielka and such.
Of course that's if Jimmy and Jags stick around.

Only a matter of time before people call for Ross' head again after one misplaced pass.

...lots and lots of Ivanovic links. I'm genuinely not having an opinion on any rumours/signings as I assume RK/SW have identified them to fit the team plan but Ivanovic seems a strange one.

Can't see us signing a 'wide forward' whilst the club still have:

Mirallas, Lennon, Del, Bolaise, McGeady, Lookman and Cleverley on the books.

I think we'll wait til summer after we have got shut permanently of 3 or 4 of those.

I think we may sign 'like for like' replacements if Jags or Kone are shipped out. Not expecting anything else until the squad is trimmed.

Well, think of how many of those actually have an impact?

Clevs has gone, won't come back. Same with McGeady. Bolasie is out for a while.

Lennon can't play the role. Del is off. Lookman has looked sharp.

Lennon, Mirallas
The famous 3-5-3 formation?

They'll never see it coming!

Haha, very true.

I meant to put a '/' in between Long and Pelle. It was usually one or the other.

It does look as though the club will be able to shift a decent number of players this summer. Kone is out of contract, and Lennon, Gibson and McGeady will all be in the final year of their deals, so a season-long loan effectively takes them off the ledger for good.

If Cleverley and Deulofeu stick with their new clubs, suddenly Everton have a lot of breathing room.

Hasn't he only played 6 times all season in Germany? Looking like a very "Martinez" style signing at present - i.e. gash!

Six appearances, but Frankfurt are sitting 6th in the table (two points behind 3rd). It's unlikely he's in Koeman's plans, but it's also tough to judge right now.

Hasn't he only played 6 times all season in Germany? Looking like a very "Martinez" style signing at present - i.e. gash!
According yo wikipedia yeah but I don't know how reliable that is.

Also mason holgate was a Martinez signing.

No point writing a young lad off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back