Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, welcome the departures of these dead wood players. Thank them for their service though and wish them well for the future. But this is something that we've needed to do for a while now. Frees up some space for the talented youths at the club and potentially new additions to the squad.

that fills me with promise!

Cleverley and Niasse will still be Everton players come June. I seriously doubt anybody will pay decent money to sign them on a permanent deal.

Made up to have got rid of Gibson, gutted to see Oviedo go as he's a brilliant backup, but agree it is the right move for him.

Kone is gone end of the season. Can we shift Jagielka too? Valencia to head back to West Ham.

Exciting times in the summer I hope.
I actually think Cleverly will be bought at the end of the year. 8M for a starting CM (I think he will be starting too) is a decent value. Niasse however; Hull will have to stay up and I don't see it happening. I would imagine he is back and the best we can hope for is he plays well enough to score 6 or 7 goals and someone that gets promoted picks him up or someone from another league takes a punt.

Just a few more now to get to 30 odd million

Don't worry mate we've got the money from sunderland that money gone straight for lookman

Don't rule out Mccarthy being sold for 20 to balance the books

With additional transfers of Del boy Clevelery and Ourmar in summer we will be in the negative net spend one way or another.

The lad from burnley will not be joining and the phrase 'it's hard in jan for transfers' are already out in the presser.

The will be no questions on walsh's accountability for signing Enner or fact he's had half a year in a job and best he could come up with is Belshoddy from Belgium. Joke

No way have we paid £7m for the pair one of the lads who's pretty ITK on the smb said £5m

Even £5mill is excellent business by both teams. We get a decent fee for both who are not in the managers plans, plus get them off the wage bill. Sunderland get 2 good PL proven players who will be excellent additions (proven Gibson stays fit) for pennies in todays terms.

Don't worry mate we've got the money from sunderland that money gone straight for lookman

Don't rule out Mccarthy being sold for 20 to balance the books

With additional transfers of Del boy Clevelery and Ourmar in summer we will be in the negative net spend one way or another.

The lad from burnley will not be joining and the phrase 'it's hard in jan for transfers' are already out in the presser.

The will be no questions on walsh's accountability for signing Enner or fact he's had half a year in a job and best he could come up with is Belshoddy from Belgium. Joke

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Never understood this new era it has been sell to buy since the first window.

Selling dross and buying good is a good strategy but high risk as what happens when we run out of players to sell?

Least we know for a fact we don't have tens of millions to spend and we will always try keep low spend if you count player sales and the TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back