Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye.

But normally these clubs don't have an U23s set-up that is strolling to their respective league title.

that does not really count for much in a our kids are better than your kids situation. Many times that is not the case and most of them don't step up. I don't mean to sound negative because i do want kids to be implemented into the first 11, davies a shining example of why that is a good thing. I just don't want us to promote davies successfully and assume the rest of them are just as good therefore we do not need to sign players.

Possibly but what do you say to berahino in negotiations?

"Hi Saido, i know you have been on the bench for 18 months, but Romelu is our number one striker, he will play every minute possible! We dont have any cup games or europe so there is no need to rotate, but you can come on for 10 minutes at the end if we need or goal, or if you are lucky we may play you if Rom gets a injury. I know you can get first team at stoke but come here and sit on the bench"
This is what worries me. Any striker we can get in aint gonna challenge rom for his spot, Kone it is then.

Seriously lads... make yourself some sandwiches and a flask of tea. Put some good shoes on and a nice warm coat and then get out of the house for the day. .. it's like looking into a child's nursery class reading this thread. Some unreal waffle going on. Get out and enjoy life because whatever Everton do today ....it won't be because billysuperblue on GOT said it this morning.

Seriously lads... make yourself some sandwiches and a flask of tea. Put some good shoes on and a nice warm coat and then get out of the house for the day. .. it's like looking into a child's nursery class reading this thread. Some unreal waffle going on. Get out and enjoy life because whatever Everton do today ....it won't be because billysuperblue on GOT said it this morning.

what are you doing right now?

In the last window we made massive bids (allegedly) for Koulibaly, Gabbiadini and Sissoko plus whoever else I missed, yet now we want no one else? Are the players not available or are we still skint?

I am starting to wonder what Moshiri has brought to the table, who says we wouldn't have done any thing that has gone on previously if not for him because we are still spending what we bring in. People have been blasting BK and the board for doing that for decades.

Show us the intent you have for Everton and give us a marquee signing, Moshiri said himself he wanted one, 2 transfer windows and our marquee signing is Morgan Schneiderlin or Bolasie? Wow lofty ambitions that....

Cmon Everton enthuse us and boost the positivity with a massive signing, they are out there!

Like any fan I want to see the best players pulling on the famous shirt and again the window will be judged on the last few months of the season. I hope Koeman is moaning about lack of activity tomorrow onwards.

No, they're really not.

WRD just said

McCarthy could be off to Newcastle for £21m. If they hit this figure then he's off. Player has been happy with their offer for weeks as i've mentioned before.
Kone could be off to Aston Villa. They have enquired.
We could still get 2 first teamers in - We are certainly trying. Keane could be bought and loaned back.

The problem we are suffering is January. Clubs aren't wanting to sell their best players. More likely we will do the main business in January.

In the last window we made massive bids (allegedly) for Koulibaly, Gabbiadini and Sissoko plus whoever else I missed, yet now we want no one else? Are the players not available or are we still skint?

I am starting to wonder what Moshiri has brought to the table, who says we wouldn't have done any thing that has gone on previously if not for him because we are still spending what we bring in. People have been blasting BK and the board for doing that for decades.

Show us the intent you have for Everton and give us a marquee signing, Moshiri said himself he wanted one, 2 transfer windows and our marquee signing is Morgan Schneiderlin or Bolasie? Wow lofty ambitions that....

Cmon Everton enthuse us and boost the positivity with a massive signing, they are out there!

Like any fan I want to see the best players pulling on the famous shirt and again the window will be judged on the last few months of the season. I hope Koeman is not moaning about lack of activity tomorrow onwards.
Fresh sheets for cubicle 4 please.......

I'd be very very disappointed if we didn't get in another striker and I think I will be as I doubt we'll get anyone in.

We're obviously looking for a striker otherwise Belfodil wouldn't have been looked at and bid for, but I just can't see it happening.

...talking about £40m for Dembele. I don't think I was alone in suggesting he was worth a punt when he broke into Fulham's team but wasn't a regular. A % of that figure would be nice!!

WRD just said

McCarthy could be off to Newcastle for £21m. If they hit this figure then he's off. Player has been happy with their offer for weeks as i've mentioned before.
Kone could be off to Aston Villa. They have enquired.
We could still get 2 first teamers in - We are certainly trying. Keane could be bought and loaned back.

The problem we are suffering is January. Clubs aren't wanting to sell their best players. More likely we will do the main business in January.

Could still be an interesting day then! :)

Agree mate.

But the point is that the players we want (e.g. Keane) are much more likely to be available in the summer rather than now.

Think of it from the selling club's P.O.V

What need do they have to sell in the middle of the season?

None.

And that's because players who could improve us are either 'cast offs' - like Schneiderlin, or the best players from teams who aren't as good as us (e.g. Keane) but those clubs aren't going to sell their best players in the middle of the season.

So it's not acting like 'leave it until summer for the sake of it'. It's just that there's no point buying a player who 'may' improve us now but then we miss out on our primary target in six months time...
I agree with the principle, I'm just saying it's not really that straightforward in practice. We've had 2 windows to get our primary targets, but we haven't managed to do it. There would be an argument that we also failed to do it in the couple of windows before that, albeit under a different regime.

I understand your point about Burnley, but is that really how it works? They look very unlikely to go down, and in the summer they'll be 6 months closer to losing him for nothing, so there are also reasons why selling now might suit them better. They would be far from the first club to cash in while the offer is there in January. Sunderland and Hull have done it in this window, we've done it in the past with Gravesen, Pienaar etc.

As I said, I'm not advocating panic buying at all, just that I don't think the position changes too much from January to July. As somebody said earlier, the reason for most business being done in the summer isn't because it's not possible in January, it's just because clubs prefer to plan properly for the season ahead. As we clearly failed to do that last summer, I wouldn't have been surprised to see us making moves this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back