Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get the best possible player for as little money as possible and he turns out to be sensational. As many others here I 'm rather amused at clubs who spend 30-50 millions on bang average players. Everybody loves Cahills and Colemans.

Lennon Kone Enner Kevin out first then i'd remove del

Doesn't work like that - You can't have a selling order. If an acceptable bid comes in for a player who is not part of your plans then you let them go. You don't keep hold because bids haven't come in for other players you'd like to get rid of first. Lack of interest in one player would effectively halt all outgoing transfers.

Negative net spend isn't a bad thing.

Bad for those who want signings and extravagance but not a a business model.

You need a balance and yes we should be spending more but I'm not particularly bothered that we aren't at this moment in time.

In an overall look at the window it qaant roo bad. 2 decent players in and a clear out. It gives players like davis holgate lookman joel game time to prove themselves and get experience without too much pressure of top or bottom 4. The squad needs at least 5 to 7 players who can seriously challenge for places in thw first 11. Only worry is if we cant promise signings in the summer lukaku will be off and will leave a big big gap to fill

Vincenzo Grifo?

Hi mate. Yes, this is the name I've been told. Apparently Walsh rates him. I've personally never heard of the player so can't really provide any information about that side of things. Hopefully some more knowledgeable folk here will be able to tell us more.

I'd be over the moon with 20 for Mccarthy, just rather see it invested while the squad is suddenly become thin.
Reality is we can see us losing him with no incoming and 5+ players out

I agree with you there. I do think though we have good younger players and would have no aversion to using them in the squad filler role.

However by the summer I do think we need to go big on a centre back, a good partner for Lukaku and possibly a goalkeeper (dependant on Joel's form). There should be no excuses on those 2/3 positions. What do you reckon?

Vvd/Jimenez/Keane & Martial/Dolberg for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back