Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument of "it's the winter window, we'll get them in the summer" is literally the opposite of what was said in the summer.

We had a load of waste in our squad, getting them out is good work. Find it weird people were using Bolasie as a "isn't he an improvement" considering he's out for the entire 2017. So I'd say "no" because at least others are able to play. We lost him and Deulofeu and have no replacement. Still have no backup to Lukaku. Were told from all "they've got 4 months, they're not going to balls it up".

I'm not saying it was bad, we got in Morgan and a good youngster. In fact, it was pretty ok. But we haven't really pushed on like it was insinuated we would.

Just weird honestly.

Yeah I think generally you're right.

I don't rate Stek, I must admit. I think he's so average it hurts. I need to get over it but i'm still baffled by that Burnley game.

Think he's back-up now though I do like how Koeman refuses to single either of them as No.1

Joel deserves his place atm and we'll go for a GK in the summer

I think it should have been possible to have significantly improved our attacking options in two windows.

Therefore I'm not overly impressed by the work done in this area, as joyously happy I am with the squad clearout.

Posters can disagree with that but I don't think such opinions should be dismissed as some are being dismissed today.
Each to their own. If things were going really well you wouldn't hear the opposite from them.

Between getting rid of dead weight and bringing in morgs I think it's a net positive. Sure it would be nice to fill other needs but what strikers or CBs (of the quality we want) did we miss out on?

Not enough available in January, so we cleared out the space to bring in Summer.

Massive net spend does not equate to putting the ball in a net at one end and keeping it out t'other. All it means is that you have a lot of man-childs who are highly paid, most unhappy that they are not in the first eleven that you then have to strip out as deadwood at a later date.

With the removal of all the people you wouldn't want in your team it shows at last we have a plan, we brought in 2 quality players, so ok, let's just see how it goes for the rest of the season.

We still have the same issues as last summer to contend with, a tarnished reputation (although it seems to be getting better) and no European football. As others have said many times over, if we get in a forward now he will just be a bench warmer, there isn't massive queue of top players out there looking to fulfil this role.

Of course I would love to get more in, but Koeman has earned the right to say if they are not the right quality then don't bother. If we can get a Europa place and bag a better class of GK, CB and F come summer I'm all for that.

Single most nailed on thing this season

We get two good results, fans start to think we're good and going to have strong end to season, all of a sudden everyone's more chill about lack of players brought in during transfer window...

Then we get beat, everyone realises were still not that good, heads fall off

Nailed on

Same happened in summer its same old nothing has changed I remember when we won a few games in summer and we thought 'just make it to jan' next thing you know it was one win in 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back