Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the summer we need....

Goalkeeper to be No.1
Backup fullbacks x2
A shiny new centre half
A striker
A winger
A second striker
A new lukaku contract
Sell Mccarthy
Sell all those currently on loan (excluding kids)

Not too much to ask.

GK - Yes
FBs - Holgate/Kenny for the right. We need a left-back.
CB - Yes (Keane)
ST - Yes
Winger - Yes, but one who can play central if needed as well (in that Kev role)

Yes to the rest

We do next season for sure. This season though, we have an outside chance at the top six if we spent 50% over the odds for players this window - not worth the outlay.

This season was ruined before it began thanks to the summer window - no point throwing bad money after bad at this stage.
Out of the worldwide network of scouts there must be someone who can improve us. :/

One the basis of who could do a job better than kone?

Gabiadani (who we tried to buy btw)
Rhodes (be a better option than kone)
Long (played the back up role at southampton)
Belfodil (had him already apparantly)
Naismith (better than kone)
Ighalo (better than kone)

There's off the top of my head

lol

2prd9w7.jpg

The esk seems to have totally changed his tune from last year saying we were loaded and able to buy anyone to now believing we'll trade players for profit in future.

Funny how anyone who doubted us having that much money, without proof, got a load of stick when all the evidence suggests we don't other than a few journalists and supposed itk's.
We've spent £30+ million this month, how much proof do you need?

2prd9w7.jpg

The esk seems to have totally changed his tune from last year saying we were loaded and able to buy anyone to now believing we'll trade players for profit in future.

Funny how anyone who doubted us having that much money, without proof, got a load of stick when all the evidence suggests we don't other than a few journalists and supposed itk's.

I think the player trading profits is in relation to ffp rules, meaning we can pay more wages?

It's indicative of the switch in style since he's been out of the side.

Not the only difference, but if I had to pick one key reason why we've improved, Bolasie being gone is the one by some distance.
I'd say it's more to do with the players getting used to Koeman's way of playing. You know, being a new manager and all that.

Give it up.

Everton aren't looking for players better than Kone. That's not the bar. He should never have played for Everton. Ridiculous comparisons.
Yes mate.

Better than the player they are replacing. Thst shouldn't be the bar now?

Again what is the point in us buying players then if not to improve the squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back