Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year was always gonna be transitional, maybe next year too. We're comfortably in 7th which is a great improvement on last year. Koeman is clearly taking his time to properly assess what he has, and how to get the best out of them. Rushing out and buying players to go into a system that he might not be sure of yet is foolhardy at best. What he has clearly identified are players that are definitely not good enough. I'm pretty happy that we now seem to have a clear plan of where we are going

Still within the 6 years mark ;)

But I did forget about him. Kinda proves my point though as how long before Ross was Rodwell then?

All of a sudden everyone is happy to play them all.
Good of you to admit your oversight. You could say Stones & Holgate were initially bought for the academy. Besides every now and then a rich seam of youngsters come through, maybe this crop are such. Don't forget the rs neglected local talent about 10 years ago giving us a free reign.

Considering Moshiri is the man apparently the man that's meant to be the man that's taking us back to the big time his first two transfer windows have been underwhelming.

You have Moshiri Out within your email address, combined with your registration date/other posts - I've made assumption you're a WUM mate. Sorry if I'm wrong, but... I'm rarely wrong.

You speak some tosh quite routinely, but even still, that is some supreme tosh right there.

He had a couple of meh games before the injury, but he showed before he can consistently beat his man and deliver goalscoring chances for fun. His assists, as well as the opportunities made which were somehow missed (e.g. Ross's point blank wide header), were plentiful.

He is a good player, and even as a big fan of Kev, I'd say he's easily our best winger. It's a shame he got injured. To think his injury was the pivotal moment though is a bit bizarre. There are about 5 players in the world you build a team around, and Yannick Bolasie, God love him, is not one. If he was fit now we'd be doing the same stuff, but we'd have a bit more power, pace and ingenuity to help us do so.

Yet that's what we did. And if you'd had read the full quote in context and not cherry picked out ten words, you'd see I have just said it was "not his fault as such as he simply couldn't perform the role asked."

So you end up agreeing me, yet calling what I said tosh. He's a poor player at the level we're at; would be a good player in the lower reaches of the Prem or Championship for sides who sit back and counter attack. If he was in the team now, even in this system, he'd be a liability because he doesn't have the brain or consistency to perform at the top level.

Yet that's what we did. And if you'd had read the full quote in context and not cherry picked out ten words, you'd see I have just said it was "not his fault as such as he simply couldn't perform the role asked."

So you end up agreeing me, yet calling what I said tosh. He's a poor player at the level we're at; would be a good player in the lower reaches of the Prem or Championship for sides who sit back and counter attack. If he was in the team now, even in this system, he'd be a liability because he doesn't have the brain or consistency to perform at the top level.

Forget about Bolasie.

He's dead. Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back