Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first paragraph is a very fair and valid observation. Perhaps the clearing of dead wood is a precursor to making the type of signings that would fit the "quality" criteria? To some players, the removal of poor quality players might be viewed as an indication of intent.

Your second paragraph has some merit, but the last sentence is speculation. I could equally speculate that we might make an offer to Lazio in the summer to sign Jordan Lukaku as a backup / successor to Baines, in order to partially persuade Rom to stay with us? I might also speculate that we may be clearing space to sign a couple of players represented by the same agent as Rom, Mino Raiola, in order to get him onside so he doesn't agitate for Rom to move.

True about the specualtion but just the feeling I get.

I'm not sure what Rom's game is atm though. He's either giving us time to prove our ambition or he's waiting for a club to come in for him. Could be either. My heart says he's giving us time and my head says he's waiting for a certain club to come in.

True about the specualtion but just the feeling I get.

I'm not sure what Rom's game is atm though. He's either giving us time to prove our ambition or he's waiting for a club to come in for him. Could be either. My heart says he's giving us time and my head says he's waiting for a certain club to come in.
Can't argue with that. But with the Chinese elbowing their way into the frame, there is scope for us to make an absolute windfall if he does start pushing for a move. And when players do agitate for moves, it's often because their agent advises them do so... and the agent gives that advice to make a commission on either:

a) the sale of that player; or
b) a new contract for that player.

We can possibly dissuade the agent from this course of action by providing them with alternative income, in the form signing another of their clients. Raiola has a lot of clients.... http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mino-raiola/beraterfirma/berater/282

So who was on our sub bench the last two games?
We still have our entire bench that was fielded against City as it was Schneiderlin, Jags, Lennon, McCarthy, Valencia, The Stek and Lookman.

However, when you look beyond that then there's not much depth in the squad and a few select injuries could mean even more youth brought up.

So although I'm happy we've removed the dross that had inhabited our squad for too long, I'd have liked at least one or two additions to come in.

Didnt wanna sign anybody anyway.

Matt-Damon-Crying.gif

Can you see where I am coming from now? Everyone quick to offer justifications to not signing players or even having this plan on mind in the short term, but it's the short term where the league games are.

So ignore the list they've spent 4 months drawing up and panic buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back