Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a bad window, but all in all, were still sooo predictable.

yes its a tricky market, but a club with a real dtermination to improve the squad and make a real on the impact on the league can still do just that but you have to be prepared to pay.

it seems were just dipping our toes in the water and not diving head first in.

at the minute , we are still the same old frustrating Everton, making lots of noise but not really doing alot.

best thing for me is the decision to get rid of alot of crap. but invariably that might leave us a little short now, typical.

Everton THAT

We have.
Joel
Stek
Coleman
Holgate
Jags
Williams
Mori
Baines
Pennington
Mcarthey
Barry
Snides
Besic
Davies
Barkley
Gueye
Lennon
Dowell
Valencia
Lookman
Lukaku
Mirallas
Bolasie
Lewin

That's 24 players I know a couple are injured, but that's enough to get us through to the summer and now it will give Koeman a good chance to run his eye over what he has left. It's not a bad squad really considering how many he's shipped out. It's now time to see how the youngsters do to see how many we need to buy in the summer.

We have.
Joel
Stek
Coleman
Holgate
Jags
Williams
Mori
Baines
Pennington
Mcarthey
Barry
Snides
Besic
Davies
Barkley
Gueye
Lennon
Dowell
Valencia
Lookman
Lukaku
Mirallas
Bolasie
Lewin

That's 24 players I know a couple are injured, but that's enough to get us through to the summer and now it will give Koeman a good chance to run his eye over what he has left. It's not a bad squad really considering how many he's shipped out. It's now time to see how the youngsters do to see how many we need to buy in the summer.

...Kone?

When you look at the squad for next season if you remove those who are getting on a bit and also players like Mori and Lennon who arent good enough for a champions league push were left with this;

GK - Robles
LB - Connolly
LCB - Galloway
RCB - Holgate / Pennington
RB - Coleman / Kenny
DM - Gana / Davies
CM - Schneiderlin / Walsh
AM - Barkley
FW - Lookman / Calvert-Lewin
FW - Lukaku

GK - We need a top keeper
LB - Someone to push Baines out
LCB - An upgrade on Mori
CB - Successor to Williams

So we basically need 4 players in the defensive positions.

We then need one more midfielder as well as a forward. So i'd say 6 players at a minimum and thats if the young lads step up either after being on loan (Connolly/Galloway) or push themselves into contention this season(walsh/pennington etc).

I think its great that we are giving them an opportunity to at least get on the bench and into the squad for next season...

However, We do need to sign GK / LB / LCB / FW of the highest quality in the summer as first choices. 4 top stars and some more young lads as rotation/backup.

So no McArthy,Williams,mirallas,baines?

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.

Nailed it.

it seems were just dipping our toes in the water and not diving head first in.

at the minute , we are still the same old frustrating Everton, making lots of noise but not really doing alot.

best thing for me is the decision to get rid of alot of crap. but invariably that might leave us a little short now, typical.

Everton THAT

The football fan in me wants to agree with you - of course I would like to splurge a load of cash and take the league by storm. But more likely to happen in that case is we spend massively on say 'five amazing stars' of which one does alright, 2 get injured and 2 just don't perform whilst we are left about 20m short of kicking off a dream stadium at the docks. THATS Everton :)

I'm pretty content - we are not weakened by any of the players we let go, have brought in a couple of quality players whilst enabling some youth the chance should we have some injury issues.

I don't think we should praise BK, Walsh or anyone else for that, I think it's actually down to Koeman knowing quality when he sees it and as an off-the-pitch measure of management, I think it's fantastic he has flat out said no to players he wasn't convinced about.

Okay here's my issue.

Everton has made us look like a right bunch of idiots haven't they. Now i know as a club we are moving forward and to be honest at a pretty alarming rate. With regards to the new ground and whats being brought into the club via new deals and revenue that entails.

With regards to transfers though we have been shocking. We don't seem to of moven forward in this regard what so ever. The summer was a disaster. With regards to players we bearly spent more then the stones money. In january we spent £35mil and recouped say £12-15mil with sales, wages and loan fees? So we spent about £20mil hardly mega money is it.

Okay there is a argument that we dont have to spend big money on players and the squad is looking good. The thing is though is that the club is perpetuating this image of us being cash rich and having all this money ready to blow teams out of the water and bring in all these boss players and...Nothing yep two windows and we still look like the penny pinching everton we were under moyes.

Look at morgs we wanted him, he wanted to come here and united wanted to sell. That should of been 1st or january through the door. On the phone the week before going "how much? Sound. Send him over". Instead we were haggling over 2 mill for about 2 weeks and it cost us a rin in the fa cup. We needed a back up striker this window. Really needed one and what happened? We couldn't get one...absolute crap. We wouldnt pay for one is what it was. Why didnt we just offer them double what he is worth. Get the lad in and prove we're looking to be actual players in this leauge. No we were probaby haggling over 1mill or something stupid.

Fact is if we have the money then kenwright should be removed from negations because he is working to a different modle and its making us look small time. We are being laughed at by them across the park. Absolutely embarrassed by our own clubs inability to handle transfer negotiations befitting of a premier league team. Its winding me up to be honest. I'm sick of it.
The top 14 clubs in the PL spent around £115m between them them, and we spent £35m of that total.

Some of the whining on here is cringe

Absolutely amazing job getting so many fringe players out. Given how much many of them were derided here, getting so many other clubs to pick up the tab is a minor miracle.

We now have a lean mean squad ready for improvement in Summer, when it will be easier (but not simple unless we somehow manage to climb some places) to get prime targets in.

No more signing of dross. I can accept that, at least for this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back