Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why: Was that Watford game not a master class in how NOT to defend?
C,mon on mate you cant highlight a single game that happened about 8-9 games ago, you have to judge it by the overall season so far..
We could look at the last 2 games (City-Palace) 0 goals conceded..
I think we have the 4th or 5th best defense in the league so far, its far from perfect but its improving massively, now he has found a formation that suits his players..

From Sky's website.....

Check the graphics below to see how much money your club spend, or made, during the January transfer window.

skysports-premier-league-graphic-data-spend_3882174.jpg

Ronald Koeman's Everton splashed the most cash, signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United for £24m and Charlton forward Ademola Lookman for £10m.

skysports-sales-final-graphic-data_3882241.jpg

Chelsea and Manchester United recouped the biggest funds from departures, raising £62m and £46.2m, respectively.

skysports-graphic-data-sky-net_3882242.jpg

*Figures in graphics and table are Sky Sports' figures and include potential add-ons but exclude loan fees
How much did your club spend?
Club Spent Sold Net (profit)
Arsenal £100,000 0 -£100,000
Bournemouth 0 £3m £3m
Burnley £13m £1m -£12m
Chelsea 0 £62m £62m
Crystal Palace £12.5m 0 -£12.5m
Everton £34m £9m -£25m
Hull £11.5m £20.2m £8.7m
Leicester £15m £14.2 -£800,000
Liverpool 0 £7.5m £7.5m
Man City 0 0 0
Man Utd 0 £46.2m £46.2m
Middlesbrough £20m £13.5m -£6.5m
Southampton £17.1m £8m -£9.1m
Stoke £16.3m 0 -£16.3m
Sunderland £9m 0 -£9m
Swansea £13m 0 -£13m
Tottenham 0 £4.5m £4.5m
Watford £2.4m £24m £21.6m
West Brom £10m £15m £5m
West Ham £18.2m £25m £6.8m

Why: Was that Watford game not a master class in how NOT to defend?

you're cherry picking to suit your wind up / agenda du jour

WIP
your man did 39goals against, then 50, then 55.

lets see how we go.

Oh and I know all about the 72pts./5th - a one off - I cherry picked that to suit my agenda

your man was great at the theory - and it was all about football...in theory. Nothing wrong with that in the abstract

but
it
didn't
work

Pep's struggling with the same thing - boundless millions and all...maybe he'll adapt.
Your man stated on numerous occasions that he wouldn't...and paid the price.
Get over it.

C,mon on mate you cant highlight a single game that happened about 8-9 games ago, you have to judge it by the overall season so far..
I think we have the 4th or 5th best defense in the league so far, its far from perfect but its improving massively, now he has found a formation that suits his players..

before the drubbing by Chelsea, we had the second best defence in the league.

That 5 nil made a big difference.

Reactions: JLW
The bottom 6 who are scrapping for their lives you mean?

I took it from the BBC btw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38817276

The bottom 6 who have spen more then half of the totaly money spent in january transfer window. £143 million between them.

The fact im getting at is that in yhe last two windows we have spend about 25 million after player sales. Which is nothing really.

We needed a striker, badly. If lukaku get injured we are daffy ducked. Our boards inability to complete transfers has cost us one. In two transfer windows now.

I dont see any eror there, tbf.

Williams: not shone.
Schneiderlin gives us not that much extra.
Holgate WAS already established
A Davies would not at that age for that position have been bought by Koeman.

Holgate was established as what? Prior to this season he had made no first team appearances

The bottom 6 who have spen more then half of the totaly money spent in january transfer window. £143 million between them.

The fact im getting at is that in yhe last two windows we have spend about 25 million after player sales. Which is nothing really.

We needed a striker, badly. If lukaku get injured we are daffy ducked. Our boards inability to complete transfers has cost us one. In two transfer windows now.

I keep seeing this, and it really is a fair question of course.

But what if he doesn't get injured? He's certainly not getting dropped. So we could have spent god knows how much on someone who isn't even playing.

Wrong. He signed two players that will get game time because the manager will pick them; he got rid of several players that he wouldn't have played.

There's a difference.

Honestly... what are you talking about? Do you actually listen to what your saying?

He signed two players he wanted so they will play? Really? Thanks for pointing that out,..

And the ones he sold ? He didn't want to play? Again thanks for clearing that up.

None of the players that we sold deserved to be here... they're not good enough ... and some have not played a total of 90 combined mins in a year... snides is better than Barry and that's why he will play..... lookman will play as he's needed...

I'm very confident Burnley told us to do one mate.

Clearly, we can't be overly confident that they will in the summer but, Keane has turned down a new deal. Unless something drastically changes on that front, he'll be 'available' come July.

And with Plea (lad from Nice) I reckon it's because they're in the midst of a title challenge mate. The player in question hasn't agitated for a move by the looks of it so they held the aces. We did bid though, and a sizeable amount (been told both £10mil and £13mil - not sure if that was two separate bids, or if that's just conflicting info on one bid).

We may well have other targets lined up come summer. We might try for VVD for all we know though I just can't see it.
Where did you get the rumour about plea think we will be back in for him in the summer

He can mate, and does often...strangely that was never acceptable when the other chump was at the helm though, weird eh? :Blink:

No, back then it was all about the bigger picture & 72 points...:coffee:

Everything's gonna big jussssssssssst fine.

*I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back