Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom 6 who have spen more then half of the totaly money spent in january transfer window. £143 million between them.

The fact im getting at is that in yhe last two windows we have spend about 25 million after player sales. Which is nothing really.

We needed a striker, badly. If lukaku get injured we are daffy ducked. Our boards inability to complete transfers has cost us one. In two transfer windows now.

The summer window was frustrating, the January window is never the time to rebuild your side, due to the inflated prices and the best players not generally being available due to European football etc. This window has seen little activity from all barring those who are desperately trying to avoid the drop, and yet we still we're amongst the biggest spenders.

Overall I think it was a good window, we shipped out some dross, sent a few youngsters out to gain experience and made arguably the best buy of the window in Schneiderlin.

Where did you get the rumour about plea think we will be back in for him in the summer

Two colleagues mate.

I mentioned it to a few on PM before the window and a few weeks back.

Couldn't be certain (still can't I suppose), but I was told that we were just one of the clubs to have scouted him since the season started.

Saints bid, got knocked back. By the looks of it we did as well.

And not sure. From what I've looked up of him (had never heard of him myself before November, when it first got mentioned), he looks like a forward who can play as 9 or out wide to good effect, and even as a second-striker.

So unsure if we'll be back in for him. I'd imagine he may have some pretty tasty options come summer if his form continues - had been playing really well apparently.

Two colleagues mate.

Couldn't be certain (still can't I suppose), but I was told that we were just one of the clubs to have scouted him since the season started.

And not sure. From what I've looked up of him (had never heard of him myself before November, when it first got mentioned), he looks like a forward who can play as 9 or out wide to good effect, and even as a second-striker.

So unsure if we'll be back in for him. I'd imagine he may have some pretty tasty options come summer if his form continues - had been playing really well apparently.

He's class.

Gibson is a crock with a large question mark over his professionalism. Oviedo is nowhere near the standard he was before his bad injury. The inexperienced LB's in the U23 are probably of the same standard as Oviedo so what's to be gained keeping him on the wage bill?

Sell now while Sunderland are panicking as there's no way clubs would be sniffing around for them during the summer.

image.webp

I'm fairly happy with our business. Strengthened the centre of midfield and brought in a highly rated kid who looks like he can make an immediate impact.

Pleasantly surprised by the amount we've offloaded! Can't believe we got takers for some of them...

I'm a little disappointed we didn't strengthen a bit because of the amount we got rid of but we can very much get by for the rest of the season with what we've got.

No excuses in the summer now though, we need to buy some quality to push us to the next level

Koeman decided that certain players weren't worth keeping (I disagree on the departure of Oviedo at this time and somewhat on Geri). He is leaving the window open for the younger ones to come into the team and prove themselves as he couldn't get the players he wanted in the window. I don't really have a problem with that. Summer windows where its at yall

Two colleagues mate.

Thanks for the info

Two colleagues mate.

Looked him up at the time. He looks bloody good like.

It's frightening mate. A scorched earth policy without the renewal that should go with it.

I quite like it to be honest. Were unlikely to get top 4 so it gives the whole squad and u23s a chance to make a place for themselves next season.

Its shown that if they dont hit the heights then they also can leave...

However, next summer is crucial. Weve strengthed 2 positions now and need to do double that in the summer which shouldnt be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back