Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be difficult to get a top quality striker in Jan but I do think if we want to genuinely compete we need a goalscorer. DCL may or may not make it but he’s not there yet. Kean will need another season probably. I would say CM is a priority closely followed by CB in Jan.

DCL, starting a league game (again) up front ahead of 3 other strikers in the squad but isn’t ready to start up front for bottom half of the table Everton.

Hmm, makes sense now that I’ve looked at it through a kaleidoscope.
Tosun and Niasse don’t count as strikers. Both should be jettisoned out of the club in January.

Comparing current Everton players is like casting you eye around a Skoda showroom. Yeah, they're not bad. But do you have anything better?

They have potential, I don't think anyone would argue that. But to suggest they are near the finished article or they could compete at the top of the league. That's conjecture, look at the table. Now look at it again. It's doesn't lie.

Half a billion spent on promise. That's what we have. They're not youth academy players, their basically outcasts from teams above us who took they're chances and let them go. Or massively overpriced. Don't kid yourselves, maybe that's all we could get. To call that they are the "best defenders" or "forwards" is absurd.

They are what we have to work with, period. If they can fulfill their potential, well that would be amazing. If not Ancelotti will bring players in. And I'd take that bet over Brands anyday. We have to stop hemorrhaging money. And get a return.

It looks like we may move back towards buying ‘oven ready’ players at their peak, which was the strategy under Koeman/Walsh. Where that fell down, of course, was that the players they bought were utter tripe.

It looks like we may move back towards buying ‘oven ready’ players at their peak, which was the strategy under Koeman/Walsh. Where that fell down, of course, was that the players they bought were utter tripe.

Think that’s very sensible really, except the readymade players need to be better than Williams, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Tosun and Bolasie. We have enough potential in our squad, we need a few starters now in those midfield positions.

Whoever we sign needs to fit into the managers formation, Not like the last 2/3 managers and DoF’s strategy of buying players with no idea how they fit into a system, We’ve had square pegs in round holes for years now,
Average players get found out, when asked to play formations they’re not familiar with
4:3:3, 4:2:3:1
No wonder we’ve gone backwards.

DCL, starting a league game (again) up front ahead of 3 other strikers in the squad but isn’t ready to start up front for bottom half of the table Everton.

Hmm, makes sense now that I’ve looked at it through a kaleidoscope.
His overall play is appalling. He jogs aimlessly across the defensive line, makes no forward runs other than for a long punt, his link up play is poor beyond a simple 3/4 yard lay off, his shooting from outside the area nonexistent, his heading ability questionable (most are poorly timed and end up bouncing harmlessly off the top of his head and out or into the arms of the GK).

A goal every now and again on average doesn't sweep all that under the carpet.

Annoying how Leicester and Wolves have gotten their recruitment bob on in recent seasons whilst we have floundered.

Traore
Jimenez
Neves
Jota

Maddison
Tielemans
Perez

I also guarantee alot of the boo boys on here would moan had we tried signing most of them as they werent big names.

Its why if you have a system in place you can sign a Ings or an Ake and build a good side with the right manager and set up.

His overall play is appalling. He jogs aimlessly across the defensive line, makes no forward runs other than for a long punt, his link up play is poor beyond a simple 3/4 yard lay off, his shooting from outside the area nonexistent, his heading ability questionable (most are poorly timed and end up bouncing harmlessly off the top of his head and out or into the arms of the GK).

A goal every now and again on average doesn't sweep all that under the carpet.

3 years without a proper striker with the likes of Niasse and Tosun up top have lowered fans expectations so much that DCL is actually seen as a good striker.

Imagine should we sign a proper striker like Jimenez or Werner, Belotti etc would blow their minds seeing an actual striker playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back