Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I believe is that we won't be doing anything until the festive fixtures ease up.
I think if the right players are available at the right price he will bring people in. If not he won't panic. Saying he is happy with his strikers is just trying not to crush their spirits.

Also, although we are not completely away from the relegation scrap, Big Duncs run helped ease a little pressure and the risk of some panicking in the window.

Ancelotti is a calm head and if we don't move in the market I trust him. He will know what he needs long term. Better to have more funds in the summer.

3 years without a proper striker with the likes of Niasse and Tosun up top have lowered fans expectations so much that DCL is actually seen as a good striker.

Imagine should we sign a proper striker like Jimenez or Werner, Belotti etc would blow their minds seeing an actual striker playing.

Make do and mend seems to be the philosophy.

It's out of whack with the reality of who we now have in the dugout. You dont hire a world class manager and hand them a group of attackers who'll struggle to get 10 goals per season.

It’ll be difficult to get a top quality striker in Jan but I do think if we want to genuinely compete we need a goalscorer. DCL may or may not make it but he’s not there yet. Kean will need another season probably. I would say CM is a priority closely followed by CB in Jan.
I go along with that. But in pre season they need to try and get a proven goalscorer in. It's the reason we struggle against a lot of teams. We get chances but don't take them. That means their is always a chance for the other team to win it. Don't like the January window you vastly overpay. Good miidfielder and CB on loan would do for me

Make do and mend seems to be the philosophy.

It's out of whack with the reality of who we now have in the dugout. You dont hire a world class manager and hand them a group of attackers who'll struggle to get 10 goals per season.

Dave for me a goal scorer is only as good as the chances created for him assuming he has a lethal foot or head.

Dave for me a goal scorer is only as good as the chances created for him assuming he has a lethal foot or head.
How many crosses into the box against Burnley did we see lashed in before he actually got his head on one to good effect?

IIRC we send in more crosses than any other PL club.

Annoying how Leicester and Wolves have gotten their recruitment bob on in recent seasons whilst we have floundered.

Traore
Jimenez
Neves
Jota

Maddison
Tielemans
Perez

I also guarantee alot of the boo boys on here would moan had we tried signing most of them as they werent big names.

Its why if you have a system in place you can sign a Ings or an Ake and build a good side with the right manager and set up.

Cease this right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back