Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to concentrate getting rid of the deadwood In January. If we get a CM, I just can't see it bring anything other than a loan unless we get rid of Snides. With Tosun rusting up the bench, counting his money, I can't see a striker either? I think the only purchase would be a centre half. I never want Keane in our shirt again. If we could replace him, sell Snides, get a CM on loan, and maybe sell Tosun, it would be a brilliant window. There's always one club at the bottom in January, that will try and buy their way out

A better center back is a must. Keane can't cut it right now. CM may not big of a need long-term with Gbamin coming back, but Everton do need a playmaker in the midfield. Sigurdsson isn't it.

I'd prefer to concentrate getting rid of the deadwood In January. If we get a CM, I just can't see it bring anything other than a loan unless we get rid of Snides. With Tosun rusting up the bench, counting his money, I can't see a striker either? I think the only purchase would be a centre half. I never want Keane in our shirt again. If we could replace him, sell Snides, get a CM on loan, and maybe sell Tosun, it would be a brilliant window. There's always one club at the bottom in January, that will try and buy their way out

5 out 3 in and I’d be over the moon

Niasse, Martina, Snides, Keane, Tosun.

Actually I’d be thrilled if it was 3 out and 1 in.

Not playing the ‘name names’ game for the ones in, as long as they’re considered starters. Centre back, centre midfielder, forward.

bonus points if we can shift the Icelandic invisible man (though he played better than recently as a budget pirlo today) and replace him with a real midfieder. Though this is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
What midfielder do people think can come in January and be the ball carrier/creator this midfield needs?
My guess would be there isn't one.

There'd be no use just getting a half decent player to heap on the one's we already have.
Really don't want to see wasted money when it could be kept for bigger fish.

I'd keep it holstered then go all out for the like of Calvin Stengs in the summer.
Any transfers going forward should be either significant improvement or significant potential.

We need a centre half and I think we will get one if only on loan to get us through the season if the right one to buy isn't available now. As for the rest well Carlo can take a good look at the squad now as the points Dunc got and now the 2 wins have eased the pressure towards the bottom and I doubt making europe is realistic unless 7th gets in again.

We should be aiming to qualify for Europe, we're only half way through the season and apart from Liverpool and City the rest of the league is average at best

Pics of the people we are after please.
43763-1467639125.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back