January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may or may not be world class, but i would see him as our Robinho moment. If you want to be the best, somehow, for a club thats been wallowing and revelling in its own mediocrity for 30 years you have to do something different and try and attract the best. 'If' he were to come, it would be the second step in this process. Maybe then we could all stop worrying what our junior and noisey neighbours are upto and just concentrate on Everton.
I personally dont ever worry about them lot....makes life easier.

One for our USA fans ...... Duane Holmes ..... just watched the Derby v Charlton game and he absolutely ran the midfield ..... never heard of him but apparently a USA international.

Always difficult to tell with the difference in standard with the Prem and Championship but good on the ball , great engine and excellent passer - exactly the type of player we need .... not sure that he's anywhere near good enough for us though.

He ran the game because he was playing against derby or Charlton I would imagine

Would love to know what difference lowering his fee makes to us.

Do his 270k a week wages suddenly become attractive at a lower price?

Well, yes if we paid HAMEZ £150k a week and Real wiped off £6mil from the fee and we paid it to HAMEZ (isnt his deal expiring in 2021)...

£35mil at £150k a week with another £6mil to Hamez in cash...not sure where else he would be seeing those numbers...

Rabiot is a proper baller and given his lack of game time we might have a chance.

I’d take a couple of loans of players of his quality.

James Rodriguez is 29 at the end of the season so has plenty left in the tank. He puts up impressive numbers and at that price is worth the money for sure.

If his deal is up in 2021 and we pay him the £6mil difference (through a lowered fee with Real) and stick him on £150k then where else AFTER his current deal expires would he get that?

270k a week is 14m x2 years = 28m
150k a week is 7m x2 years 14m

Even by paying him a 6m signing on fee, which im almost certain is against the rules, hes still out of pocket.

Im almost certain there is nothing in this.

Carlo might have wanted him, but Brands will have already told him no.

Even by paying him a 6m signing on fee, which im almost certain is against the rules, hes still out of pocket.

2021 isnt it so lets say he came in Jan...call it 18months.

£120k difference a week so just over £9mil difference.

Is HAMEZ worth £35mil rumoured fee...£150k a week with a £9mil signing bonus.

Im not sure...

For me id rather we signed u23s who will become world class and grow with the team...

2021 isnt it so lets say he came in Jan...call it 18months.

£120k difference a week so just over £9mil difference.

Is HAMEZ worth £35mil rumoured fee...£150k a week with a £9mil signing bonus.

Im not sure...

For me id rather we signed u23s who will become world class and grow with the team...

Sick of buying rubbish yoots.

Kean and Iwobi have ruined it for me.

Now granted Kean might come good, but we are a player down till he does.

We have enough potential for now, lets buy some ready cooked players while we have Carlo.

No im not saying go out and buy some 30 year olds.

The 24-26 age group is ripe for plucking.

Rabiot is a proper baller and given his lack of game time we might have a chance.

I’d take a couple of loans of players of his quality.

James Rodriguez is 29 at the end of the season so has plenty left in the tank. He puts up impressive numbers and at that price is worth the money for sure.

If it was me, id try for both on loan with options to buy.

Rabiot has the weird mother and Hamez is injury prone and may not adapt...neither might adapt.

Gives them both an incentive to showcase their talents and then we make decisions on them in the summer.

It also gives us the season to gradually ease Gomes and Gbamin back in.

The only players id be trying to sign for big money would be u23s who (like Farhad said) would cost a fortune in fees but whose wages wouldnt be too bad.

Obviously Kean fits the bill in that respect...go for Tonali and a centre back and give them till the summer to adapt...then weve got a super exciting young team close to being finished off with experienced players.

They'll never let him go in January, but I think Wilfred Ndidi may be the best like-for-like replacement of Gana (other than Kante) that we will find out there.

Sick of buying rubbish yoots.

Kean and Iwobi have ruined it for me.

Now granted Kean might come good, but we are a player down till he does.

We have enough potential for now, lets buy some ready cooked players while we have Carlo.

No im not saying go out and buy some 30 year olds.

The 24-26 age group is ripe for plucking.
This really.
We need some players who are performing now.

There’s a chance that we’re shopping in a different bracket now though. We’ve supposedly got plenty to spend (Zaha, Doucoure offers, Carlo being brought in amid rumours of budget).

He brought James to Bayern and wanted him at Napoli (not surprised he didn’t get him there, they wouldn’t spend the same level as we would considering the transfer and wage costs).

Everyone knows Mr Moshiri wants a big name signing. There aren’t many bigger names than James and his mate Yerry might help him settle.

There’s loads of reasons why this won’t happen but how boss would it be if it did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back