Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m constantly baffled by pundits telling me that Sigurdsson is excellent from dead ball situations.

He has some weird and totally unearned Norse mythos surrounding him.

I don’t think 20 million is out of the question to the right sucker.
I was talking to a Liverpool fan today an he said he’s great from free kicks tho an I was nope he isn’t, not great at pens either and was stunned when I told him in the 5-2 defeat he didn’t touch the ball for 21 minutes

LMFAO SSN Transfer Centre, Everton have recalled Jaoao Virginia.

We arent getting anyone! That coupled with the tweet about the academy is pretty much all you need to know..... Get a decent manager then pull the spending in, Everton That!

It’s only a week into the window, only 2 clubs have done anything so far and that’s a team that didn’t need to and one that was desperate enough to loan a bang average player

Good question. Some say it's because he was targeted by other clubs and it was a deal sweetener to keep him at EFC. I think it may be due to the fact that he's one of the few people qualified to be on the board who actually knows football, which is nice compared to the pre-Moshiri board. Others may suggest it's because Moshiri has no idea what he's doing. Nevertheless, i think if you're going to operate with a true Director of Football, it makes sense to have them on the board.
I don’t think Brands liked Silva, look at the links Zaha, Dacoure, Rojo, we got Iwobi, non of these seem like the type Brands would go for.
I think there was a disconnect, Silva wanted Zouma but Brands wanted someone fromItaly but Silva said no.

At last there is pics in here.

Heres live footage of him flying over from Germany Carlos.

hC29ABEA5

He is in the way he progresses with the ball, yep.

But I'd say even Gomes has more cutting edge than Rabiot. Or at least, Gomes at his best.

Rabiot thinks of himself as an attacking mid but I've seen nothing to suggest he's actually capable of playing that role.

Obviously, he's not crap. I was being hyperbolic. But I don't see him as some amazing talent that's gonna change our midfield (well, at least if everybody was fit) in the way we desperately need.

We need energy and a player in there who can really create stuff.

Agree with everything but we need both types of CM. Desperately.
Always a bit wary of signing a player from a top team as their used to loads of the ball so they usually have enough time.

If Gbamin comes good, it will be because he’s used to having less. Always thought Ganas best quality, (along with his pressuring and aggression) was he didn’t over do things. Kept the ball moving, let the creative players do their thing.

god we miss Gana so badly. If Gomes van come back from his injury then he could thrive under Ancelotti. He wants the team to pass the ball and Gomes will suit it. What I would have given for Gomes/Gana in the midfield on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back