Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting reading Brand's comments at the AGM about how Carlo has changed the shape of the team to a 4-4-2 amd that we are short at right wing.... Carrasco (sp) would tick those boxes, especially on loan.

I could see us selling Kenny. He’s not good enough for us (despite the revisionism in his absence) and he’d be pure profit for the accountants and FFP.
I don't think we can say that he isn't good enough for us. He did well at times for us but lacked experience and made mistakes as happens with young players.
He certainly showed at times that he was plenty good enough to play at a high level. The experience of playing abroad will have helped him improve even more.
He could be our right back for the next decade.

If he wasn't already our player and there was an opportunity to sign him after the impact he has had in Germany can you imagine the clamour here to do so.

......good morning Blues, wherever you are in the world. Here’s the Toffee transfer gossip for Wednesday 15th January;

- Speaking at his clubs AGM, Everton’s Director of Football, Marcel Brands said a squad of 23 players is ideal with 3 goalkeepers, 7 or 8 defenders, 6 midfielders and 6 attackers. He hinted that a right winger will be targeted this month to fill a void identified by Carlo Ancelotti.

- Calciomercato.com and many other outlets continue to link Everton with central midfielder, Gonzalo Villar who plays for Spanish 2nd tier club Elche. It is reported Roma has offered £2.5m for the 21 year old but it’s not certain how much he might cost, although he is said to have a £20m release clause.

- TheMailonline report Schalke want to turn Everton right back Jonjoe Kenny’s loan move into a permanent deal.

- Sky Sports reporter, Vinnie O’Connor, continues to claim Everton are keen on Bournemouth defender, Nathan Ake, but the Toffees are behind the likes of Spurs in pursuit of the 24 year old Dutch international.

- The Liverpool Echo repeats a number of rumours linking the Toffees with Yannick Carrasco of Chinese club Dalian Yifang, Inter Milan’s Matias Vecino and forward Hwang Hee-Chan of Red Bull Salzburg. The Athletic’s, Patrick Boyland, again claims Bayern Munich interest in Everton’s 18 year old forward, Anthony Gordon.

- The Chronicle say Newcastle manager, Steve Bruce, snubbed a move for Everton striker Cenk Tosun because he wouldn’t improve the squad’.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Aston Villa want Steven Nzonzi on loan. Everton has been linked with the midfielder who is currently on loan at Galatasaray from Roma.

- Everton have released Academy graduate Harry Charsley. The 23 year old has come to the end of an additional 6 month contract given to him by the club to help his rehabilitation after serious injury.
Hard to argue against steve Bruce’s opinion

The undoubted highlight of Carlo's short tenure has been his look of blank incomprehension when Steve Bruce approached to shake his hand prior to the Newcastle game.

He's on mega wages in China - I suspect it could be closer to Everton Soares who won't demand as much and fits Brands' profile.

Can only see Everton Soares if there's a sale of sorts, a short term loan would make sense. Would allow us to get to the summer and then go after targets like ES.

If Carlo wants players and we have the dough, what’s the hold up?

You have to agree a price with a club willing to sell who may have other moving parts in other transfers that have to come off before they can agree. Then you have to agree their wages and terms, fit them into the wage budget you have, find them somewhere to live etc etc

It's like saying "if I want a house and have the cash what's the hold up?"

You have to agree a price with a club willing to sell who may have other moving parts in other transfers that have to come off before they can agree. Then you have to agree their wages and terms, fit them into the wage budget you have, find them somewhere to live etc etc

It's like saying "if I want a house and have the cash what's the hold up?"

Plus I think we have to shift at least another player beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back