Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2* as Richarlison isnt a striker- as soon as Kean gets upto speed (and providing DCL keeps on scoring) Richarlison will be back out wide with Walcott sat with splinters in his backside.

My point is we have too many young players and too many old and none with any leadership quality.

Put Lukaku in that team yesterday and that game would have been put to bed with us hitting them for 3-4.

So we either A. Need a ruthless CF

Or B. A rock solid midfield/ defence that allows us to see out tight 1-0/ 2-1 games.

I warned you all a few days ago that at some point not being able to put teams to the sword will bite us on the backside with our midfield & defence and yesterday proved it.
Richarlison is a striker though he is far more effective upfront need to stop thinking of him as a wide player, both him and Dom have benefited massively to the swap to two up front, Kean will too.

What odds were we to draw last night when the clock ticked onto the 93rd minute? I asked the question if people thought we were safe at the moment. Clearly people do, however I think we need to strengthen in the window to completely ensure this and not just assume we have already done enough. (Just like the team did last night). Our rivals will strengthen.
Like you say there are at least 10 teams that could go do. Hopefully we are safe. A couple of loans will do for me. Summer I'd like 3 in. That's enough but must be quality and hopefully leaders. Then Ancellotti has to have a good preseason and get these players to a high state of fitness. Our fitness levels are a major concern

Are you sure yr a blue being so optimistic.

It’s not optimism. It’s just what happens every single season. Teams don’t get relegated on over 40 points, but every year people predict it will happen. The last time it happened was West Ham in 2002/03, and that season Sunderland and West Brom were cannon fodder and about 20 points adrift.

Richarlison is a striker though he is far more effective upfront need to stop thinking of him as a wide player, both him and Dom have benefited massively to the swap to two up front, Kean will too.

Richarlison is absolutely a striker. Said himself he sees himself as a striker. Being wider has probably helped him adapt to the league, but his ability to battle with defenders, control a football and strike a ball with purpose is what makes him a good striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back