Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I've had a hearty breakfast of pepsi and a family bag of maltesers so I'm fuelled and ready to provide an update on Everton related transfers for you.

So we'll start with the potential incomings shall we, firstly what sounds like the love child of Oumar Niasse and Idrissa Gueye is linked with Marcel Brands apparently making an offer for Oussama Idrissi. He's a winger playing for AZ Alkmaar in Holland and the most interesting part of the rumour is that I've learnt the name of the AZ manager, Arne Slot, which for unknown reasons makes me laugh a lot.

Next up is the ongoing rumour that we'll be signing Everton hahahahahaha Now that I've got over the hilarity of Everton potentially signing Everton and having read approximately 48,000 similar hilarious references to it I've established that I have no idea where he plays, who he plays for and whether he's any good. I have however spent many hours rolling on the floor with excitement at the possibility that he plays for Everton in Chile just so we can all laugh at Everton signing Everton from Everton. PMSL Indeed.

It appears another target, former Liverpool player Emre Can is likely heading for Dortmund after realising that he'd rather play for a football team than whatever it was he witnessed against Newcastle, in a strange turn of events there's a video playing above the Emre Can rumour on the ever reliable Daily Star website which has forced this transfer update to come to an abrupt end, more news once I've cleaned my screen.

OK so after that all too brief interlude back to the transfer rumours.....

Continuing the theme of linking potential incomings to hilarious puns and other similar tomfoolery we're linked with Evander today, I've watched 30 seconds of his youtube video and concluded we should probably sign him, if only to be able to shout about how he has landed the knockout blow when he scores the winner. It'll be a gloriously cringey day when Bill Kenwright introduces him and says how glad he'll be that Evander gets to play on the 'Holyfield' that is Goodison Park.

It's looking quieter on the outgoings sadly as just about every club in every league in the land has sussed that none of our players are worthy of a contract, good news for Jordan Pickford though on a personal front as he was cast in the next Jurassic Park movie so will relinquish goalkeeping duties with immediate effect.

More news as and when we get it, or I'll just copy and paste this and post again tomorrow.

Hi guys, I've had a hearty breakfast of pepsi and a family bag of maltesers so I'm fuelled and ready to provide an update on Everton related transfers for you.

So we'll start with the potential incomings shall we, firstly what sounds like the love child of Oumar Niasse and Idrissa Gueye is linked with Marcel Brands apparently making an offer for Oussama Idrissi. He's a winger playing for AZ Alkmaar in Holland and the most interesting part of the rumour is that I've learnt the name of the AZ manager, Arne Slot, which for unknown reasons makes me laugh a lot.

Next up is the ongoing rumour that we'll be signing Everton hahahahahaha Now that I've got over the hilarity of Everton potentially signing Everton and having read approximately 48,000 similar hilarious references to it I've established that I have no idea where he plays, who he plays for and whether he's any good. I have however spent many hours rolling on the floor with excitement at the possibility that he plays for Everton in Chile just so we can all laugh at Everton signing Everton from Everton. PMSL Indeed.

It appears another target, former Liverpool player Emre Can is likely heading for Dortmund after realising that he'd rather play for a football team than whatever it was he witnessed against Newcastle, in a strange turn of events there's a video playing above the Emre Can rumour on the ever reliable Daily Star website which has forced this transfer update to come to an abrupt end, more news once I've cleaned my screen.

View attachment 77287

Continuing the theme of linking potential incomings to hilarious puns and other similar tomfoolery we're linked with Evander today, I've watched 30 seconds of his youtube video and concluded we should probably sign him, if only to be able to shout about how he has landed the knockout blow when he scores the winner. It'll be a gloriously cringey day when Bill Kenwright introduces him and says how glad he'll be that Evander gets to play on the 'Holyfield' that is Goodison Park.

It's looking quieter on the outgoings sadly as just about every club in every league in the land has sussed that none of our players are worthy of a contract, good news for Jordan Pickford though on a personal front as he was cast in the next Jurassic Park movie so will relinquish goalkeeping duties with immediate effect.

More news as and when we get it, or I'll just copy and paste this and post again tomorrow.

Exceptional work.
Any chance you can send the link for daily star? Asking for a mate

I just think this jobs for the boys stuff we keep doing is crazy, i would'nt mind if some of the players getting kept on had something to offer but none are exactly serial winners who have loads to offer

Well keeping in line with what you said Jurgen Klopp was hardly a serial winner in his playing career nor was his backroom staff.

Any decisions like this will be down to Ancelotti and Brands anyway.

We have a couple of ex players on the books, other than Ferguson (kind of) none are in major positions etc.

View attachment 77287

Grow up

Can would be excellent plus a winger like Everton soares.
Never rated can, slow and nothing special on the ball in terms of creating chances and scoring goals. Admittedly haven’t watched him much for juve. Going of his performances for Liverpool

And Everton is a left winger and we have plenty of them. So that doesn’t make sense either imo

But that is everything that is wrong with this club mate, it's the old boy network yet again. First thing Klopp did when he got to analfield was get rid of the boot room culture, and i wish we would do it here
That is incorrect. Klopp wanted Gerrard to stay but could not give him a guarantee about starting games. The Rangers opportunity came up and he took, I saw recently that he said he regrets leaving when he did.

Coleman has been an excellent servant to the club , as a player and as a person.
He probably should not be an automatic starter any more but is more than adequate back up and a hugely positive influence around the club.

You cannot have a squad with 22 players every one demanding to start every week, it would be mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back