Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you want to sell your soul for success fine.
Times have changed, football has moved on. I don’t get the attitude that because we can’t compete with them on the pitch we have to develop this holier than thou attitude to everything else they do.

Personally I want entertainment and us to win everything possible.

Times have changed, football has moved on. I don’t get the attitude that because we can’t compete with them on the pitch we have to develop this holier than thou attitude to everything else they do.

Personally I want entertainment and us to win everything possible.

Nothing wrong with that, not really for me though.

I like is having more...traditional values. Now if we could combine that with winning stuff then great.

I want to beat them by doing things in certain way, I don't see anything wrong with that either.

Nothing wrong with that, not really for me though.

I like is having more...traditional values. Now if we could combine that with winning stuff then great.

I want to beat them by doing things in certain way, I don't see anything wrong with that either.
Fair enough, I’m more of the school of thought that there is little (not none) place for tradition in the here and now. Utter nonsense like that human fish tank City have in their tunnel and giving out bags showing tourists how to be Liverpool fans is a little too much “progress” for me however.

What soul? Don’t delude yourself into thinking we’re not just another corporate entity in the business of football. If we achieved a fraction of their success I’d die a happy man.

Of course we are.

Doesn't mean I have to like it does it?

You are saying you want success, we all want that, that's not quite the same thing as being like them though.

.....it’s Thursday 23rd January and before I rush out to collect my granddaughter and take her to nursery, I better give you folk this morning’s Toffee transfer gossip;

- According to Brazilian media, Everton might still make a bid for Gremio forward, Everton Soares. UOL suggest there was a meeting in Liverpool last weekend when the chances of a move for the 23 year old was kept alive. Radio Grenal say Gremio would accept €30m to ease their financial problems.

- Inside Football report Everton interest in 23 year old AZ Alkmaar winger, Oussama Idrissi. The Moroccan is valued at £20m.

- Turkish outlet, Futbol Arena, say Steven Nzonzi has turned down a move to Sheffield United. The Roma midfielder is on loan at Galatasaray and prefers a switch to Everton or West Ham.

- Tuttosport continue to suggest Everton are willing to sign Juventus midfielder Emre Can on loan this month. Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United are also interested in the 26 year old and it could be the final days of the window before a deal is sorted.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton midfielder, Muhamed Besic has hinted he’d like to turn his loan move to Sheffield United into a permanent deal. The 27 year old enters the final 12 months of his contract in July.

- According to SportBild, Schalke would like to keep Everton loanee Jonjoe Kenny beyond the end of this season but fear they are not financially strong enough to sign the 22 year old right back on a permanent deal.

- The Athletic suggest Everton face fresh competition for striker, Krzysztof Piatek, after Manchester United contacted AC Milan about a loan deal. United see the Polish international as a short-term replacement for Marcus Rashford but are put off by Milan’s insistence of a permanent buy-out clause.
Us or West Ham.
Say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back