Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the exact opposite of what I’m saying?! If we get rid of the dead wood then great, bring players in. My point was that we haven’t as yet, nor do there appear to be any real links with them leaving. If Vecino became a 7th central midfielder it would seem a bit stupid to me, if 2 leave and he comes in it doesn’t. It’s pretty simple really.
But surely us having better options while the remaining crap players couldn't be shipped out til summer gives us a better chance of finishing higher up the table?

There's other things that may make teams swerve Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin during january - wages, overall sum of transfer. Teams don't want to buy players for massive sums (as evident - this guy will cost about 12m) to stabilise themselves. Our best bet is a loan with an option to buy somehow, which again seems unlikely at the current time.

And I get why you'd think it's overly expensive, but honestly - are you Moshiri in disguise? It's an affordable "luxury".

Keane
Davies
Schneiderlin
Baningame
Delph
Sigurdsson
Walcott
Iwobi
Tosun
Niasse
Bolasie
Sandro
Martina
Stekelenberg

We should be desperately trying to offload as many of these as possible before January 31st. A few of their contracts are running out so any money is a bonus for us, while the rest are just so far away from the standard required it's not even funny.

That group is costing us about 3/4 of a million every WEEK.

Unfortunately we all know we're stuck with them all until their contracts expire, but it'd be nice if we were able to clear even 2-3 of them. Alas, it won't happen.

we cant get rid of bolasie, tosun and sandro before jan 31st for obvious reasons so why are they on that list?
and we aren't selling iwobi and delph 6 months after they joined!lol

But surely us having better options while the remaining crap players couldn't be shipped out til summer gives us a better chance of finishing higher up the table?

There's other things that may make teams swerve Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin during january - wages, overall sum of transfer. Teams don't want to buy players for massive sums (as evident - this guy will cost about 12m) to stabilise themselves. Our best bet is a loan with an option to buy somehow, which again seems unlikely at the current time.

And I get why you'd think it's overly expensive, but honestly - are you Moshiri in disguise? It's an affordable "luxury".
No I'm just commenting on a potential transfer, like the thread is designed for. Nothing that I ever say on here will ever make any difference in the real world, it's just an opinion. I'm not actively trying to stop the club from making a signing, just discussing the merits of it.

My point was that the things that may mean teams swerve Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in January may also make them swerve them in July. And if they do then we've just added to the wage bill that we keep saying we're trying to reduce. On the basis that I struggle to see us finishing any higher than about 8th unless we make substantially more/better signings than Vecino, it all seems a bit unnecessary to me. Obviously not everybody agrees, I don't expect them to. It's really not a big deal.

That’s the exact opposite of what I’m saying?! If we get rid of the dead wood then great, bring players in. My point was that we haven’t as yet, nor do there appear to be any real links with them leaving. If Vecino became a 7th central midfielder it would seem a bit stupid to me, if 2 leave and he comes in it doesn’t. It’s pretty simple really.

Im in total agreement with the spirit of your posts and points mate.

we cant get rid of bolasie, tosun and sandro before jan 31st for obvious reasons so why are they on that list?
and we aren't selling iwobi and delph 6 months after they joined!lol
Doesn't take away the fact that they are all absolutely whack and in many cases nobody wanted to buy them in the several transfer windows when they WERE available for transfer. Useless carts.

Of course we'll back him. Doesn't stop it from being underwhelming though does it?

It would seem an odd signing to me, because he doesn't appear to solve any of the most pressing issues in the side, and we currently have 6 central midfielders competing for 2 positions. All improvements are welcome, and if he signs he may turn out to be great, but it does seem a little unnecessary to me personally.

Why is it underwhelming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back