Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

From last year when Carlos Ancelotti was manager of Napoli:

Genk Confirm Liverpool and Napoli 'Interested' in Sander Berge

Liverpool have some competition in the pursuit of midfielder Sander Berge after Genk sporting director Dimitri De Conde revealed Napoli are also keen on the Norway international.

De Conde told Radio Punto Nuovo (h/t Football Italia):

"Napoli are interested in Sander, it's a possiblity. We also know that Liverpool are also interested and (Jurgen) Klopp, after the game at Anfield (in the Champions League), complimented him on his performance. There are clubs in Italy who are following Berge and Napoli could be one of them, but at this stage, there are no offers on the table. From next week, things could change."

"We haven't had any official contact with Napoli yet
."

Genk value their midfield talisman at £25 million, according to Bird. It's a fee sure to put him in the sights of many clubs, with Napoli also having firsthand experience of his talent.

Wanted by Liverpool and Napoli but ends up at Sheffield United on less than 50k a week?

Breaking NEWS on Sky so pinch of salt:
Sander Berge from Genk going to Sheff United for £17m is a snip for an outstanding talent.

He would be perfect option for Everton - young, experienced and a huge sell on value.

We have been linked with him before, missed out on him for £2m and now could slip through our fingers again.

Come on BRANDS

Do you often watch Genk?

Better than what we already have is probably true for Vecino, but that is a very low bar at present.

In the longer term I'd rather experience teething troubles with younger players who have the potential to be much better than what we have.

Ancelotti's judgement of the player is paramount but it would be a strange signing for me and a continuation of the general trend in signing players much closer to 30 than I'd like, who is likely to be on a big wage, with no resale value. That type of profile hasnt served us well in the recent past.

I think you have to consider individual signings as part of an overall profile of signings under the same regime, but this wouldn't scream that the vision is part of an assault on the top six to me.
The issue is the "experienced" players we have currently are total let downs. So we need to move Walcott,Morgan, Coleman(?) and Sig by the summer at least. That would mean a big gap in the squad for players ages 25-30. Maybe that's partly why he's being brought in(if he is) and also Carlo is confident he can implement his tactics on the field.

Breaking NEWS on Sky so pinch of salt:
Sander Berge from Genk going to Sheff United for £17m is a snip for an outstanding talent.

He would be perfect option for Everton - young, experienced and a huge sell on value.

We have been linked with him before, missed out on him for £2m and now could slip through our fingers again.

Come on BRANDS

I'm a huge fan of his. Genk play, even in the dross league we have here, sexy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back