Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it’s looking like “ we’ll go with what we got” . Surprised if I’m honest I’d have thought Ancelotti would have wanted transfer assurances before taking the role . Of course FFP is playing huge part in it and yes January isn’t the best time to buy players but given the league is so open and Europa qualifying isn’t beyond the realms of possibility I’d have taught we might have tried to get one or two in the door

Think it’s looking like “ we’ll go with what we got” . Surprised if I’m honest I’d have thought Ancelotti would have wanted transfer assurances before taking the role . Of course FFP is playing huge part in it and yes January isn’t the best time to buy players but given the league is so open and Europa qualifying isn’t beyond the realms of possibility I’d have taught we might have tried to get one or two in the door

IF (big if) we go with what we have got (I still think we will get Vecino or whatever his name is). I imagine it is because Carlo has targets in mind and they are simply not available in January. He has looked at the squad and knows he can work with it until May.

I would love a scouser Roy Keane type to come up through the ranks and grab Everton by the scruff of the neck and batter anyone not giving 100%

We have Duncan ferguson who can do that and as he's not a player he can't miss any matches, so think we need to get him to re-channel his older Dunc.

Surely we should have had a centre back lined up? We need 2, ideally 3 if we can offload Keane in the summer, so we should have been getting one in, even if just a loan with a view to buy in the summer as a squad filler. Didn't have to be the demanding captain we require.

Well sign at least one. So much bed wetting going on. Hate to see you lot trying to pull.

Having a guess it will be Vecino (or any other midifielder) only,
Rumours on Everton Soares are not really concrete and due to FFP we may decide to postpone the search for a right winger till the summer. Certainly with Iwobi back & Kean improving we have quite a few options up front.
And no links for another centre back so guess also here we go with what we got. Gbamin can play there but would be a risk obviously as he lacks experience playing in the PL

Koubailly ain’t available till the summer

I'd be chuffed if we got him, but he was the type I was on about that even if we got him in the summer, we'd still need another and that player should have been in now. Brands knew he messed up big time with Zouma, so he surely should have made sure a replacement was all sorted by the first week in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back