January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing based on your many viewings of Hellas Verona's youth sides?

No, disappointing not to sign a player who turned 17 in November and has been playing 3 years over his age group for Italy.

Bearing in mind Ancelotti is probably the one who highlighted the player and wanted his fellow countryman its a disappointment.

Answer your question?

No, disappointing not to sign a player who turned 17 in November and has been playing 3 years over his age group for Italy.

Bearing in mind Ancelotti is probably the one who highlighted the player and wanted his fellow countryman its a disappointment.

Answer your question?

I can't really get disappointed about a player none of us have heard about.

You're telling me you honestly believe there was no player in world football that may have improved a centre-midfield of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin who weren't available for a reasonable price?

Come on...

People on here were moaning about us being in for Vecino ffs, the club are in a no win situation, if we’d had brought someone in and they bombed then that’s more money wasted on good wages, all to satisfy the needs of people to not see players they don’t like

I don't think the backroom and Board are writing off the season. I would suggest results against Leicester, Liverpool and the dreadful run of results before December wrote off our season. Not signing pplayers is a result of those performances not the cause.

We are four points off Europe despite being that crap. By rights the season should be over, but it technically isn't.

If the club had ambition, they'd go for it. I'm not saying by bringing in 5+ and spending stupid money, but I expected a centre-mid bare minimum as a blind person can see it's not good enough, and possibly a wide attacker.

To do nothing and actually weaken the team this window is abysmal. I'm not buying FFP as the reason - even if it were, you'd expect Brands to do his job and offload Niasse and Martina well before now. He managed it with Tosun easily enough, it's not impossible to find buyers or loans for these players, even if you have to cover a portion of the wage.

I find the defence of Brands here bizarre. I'd get it if we were 10 points adrift of Europe and relegation, complete no man's land, but we're not. We're 4 points off Europe and miraculously in better form over the last six games than all but one of the teams above us from 5th down. Yet he's done absolutely nothing to push us on.

Thought he looked good in pre-season when we played them

Ironically I thought Gibson played well for us too

The highlights for both sides was the left backs
He played friendlies for the US against Colombia and Brazil and his 1v1 defending looked like he had been plucked from the local high school and given a go. I'm baffled by this transfer.

I find the defence of Brands here bizarre. I'd get it if we were 10 points adrift of Europe and relegation, complete no man's land, but we're not. We're 4 points off Europe and miraculously in better form over the last six games than all but one of the teams above us from 5th down. Yet he's done absolutely nothing to push us on.

We're 4 points off Europe in better form than the teams above us and we need to make changes?

If it's so easy to offload Martina, why has nobody made an offer for him? How do you get Niasse out if he is refusing loan deals?

@Eggs @catcherintherye

Disappointing we couldnt have got the young Italian left back in.

We'd have had Branthwaite / Gibson and him as the defensive left sided players were needing now.

Seems a little strange that we've not gone for anyone else. Waste of a window.

We obviously don't know what sort of deals we have been looking at. We have completed one deal, but I imagine some are difficult to conclude, especially with the academy ban.

I'm not sure January windows are ever really going to be transformative. Sometimes you'll get lucky with a deal, taking someone's caste off, but for the most part it is a good market to sell in to clubs whoa re quite desperate. In spite of the general perception here, we are not that desperate.

Carlo has spoken.

No incomings and no outgoings.

Close thread.

As if anyone would seriously spend any money on the likes of Niasse and Cuco the clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back