Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we won't go into the competition trying to win it so what's the point?

Getting Europe to crash out in the round of 16 at best means nothing.

Of course we can win it - the team that won the cup last season we beat 3-1 this season.

Mental mindset to have especially when its extra much needed revenue when FFP is concerned.

I think I'll know better after another couple windows as I do think he is operating with his hands tied because of the wages.

All the players in are better than what we had. Are more likeable (apart from Delph maybe) and are something to get behind. However they have all looked flawed too but let's see after a while with a top level manager what we think of them.
I don't want likeable players I want absolute bastards, ya know players who would have gone up and nutted Son when he broke Gomes leg instead of consoling him.

Of course we can win it - the team that won the cup last season we beat 3-1 this season.

Mental mindset to have especially when its extra much needed revenue when FFP is concerned.
We can win it. But we will treat it like a burden and get knocked out.

I'd just like us to start seeing success as more than 7th place. Saying the season is lost because we can't get 7th is dumb, the season was lost way before that.

I'd just like us to start seeing success as more than 7th place. Saying the season is lost because we can't get 7th is dumb, the season was lost way before that.

Got to walk before you can run - I deem success as winning the treble every year - but you have to be realistic.

Leicester and Wolves have over taken us these past 2 seasons - we have to correct that before we start thinking about top 4 & above.

Got to walk before you can run - I deem success as winning the treble every year - but you have to be realistic.

Leicester and Wolves have over taken us these past 2 seasons - we have to correct that before we start thinking about top 4 & above.
Leicester and Wolves are not that much better than us. Which is why we need to aim higher. All we have to do to catch Leicester is dive a bit more FFS.

It doesnt half make me giggle when people hold Leicester up as the bench mark.
Even today they've not been that good, but they might win because of a deflected goal and Caballero going on a walkabout. And people will start pointing and shouting about how they've gotten so far ahead of us.

Or perhaps we win the tournament? Get champions league football as the prize as well as another European trophy which will make the club more appealing to play for. Plus give us another massive cash injection, followed by games we could only dream of now.

Plus we have ancelotti as manager. So he can attract players to the club based on his name alone. Combined with European football to play, those better players will have their heads turned if Carlo comes calling.

But if nothing else , it's a tournament and a trophy to win. Maybe we may not win it next season if we qualify , but we are trying to win something when we kick off. That's what this club should be about, not complaining that a chance to win a trophy isna burden

Or perhaps we win the tournament? Get champions league football as the prize as well as another European trophy which will make the club more appealing to play for. Plus give us another massive cash injection, followed by games we could only dream of now.

Plus we have ancelotti as manager. So he can attract players to the club based on his name alone. Combined with European football to play, those better players will have their heads turned if Carlo comes calling.

But if nothing else , it's a tournament and a trophy to win. Maybe we may not win it next season if we qualify , but we are trying to win something when we kick off. That's what this club should be about, not complaining that a chance to win a trophy isna burden

As with many things at this club, I'll believe it when I see it. It has been awhile since we treated Europa with top importance. Even the year under Martinez we played some weakened teams in the groups and got away with it.

As with many things at this club, I'll believe it when I see it. It has been awhile since we treated Europa with top importance. Even the year under Martinez we played some weakened teams in the groups and got away with it.
Isn't the aim here to be the very best? To win everything? How can we do that if we aren't arsed?

How can we go from midtable obscurity to title challengers and European powerhouse without progression? Winning the Europa League would put us right where we need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back