Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely need to sign a centre back in Jan. Some great deals have been done by other clubs in Jan and were in more need than most!

Id hope that we can sell Tosun + one or two others and bring in a centre back + centre midfielder.

Really need the players in Jan so they are able to bed in. Id also hope that we go for one or two south americans...

Ideally a really good defender, don’t care who he plays for if he can defend, there are much better defenders at so called ‘lesser’ clubs. I want a proven PL defender rather than someone from abroad who may or may not come good. We’ve enough players like Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe who we are waiting on. We should be buying proven players alongside them.

The same source that tipped me off re: Iwobi has indicated that Wanyama on loan is a goer.

Screenshot_20191017-225559_Chrome.webp

The voices in your head??

Ideally a really good defender, don’t care who he plays for if he can defend, there are much better defenders at so called ‘lesser’ clubs. I want a proven PL defender rather than someone from abroad who may or may not come good. We’ve enough players like Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe who we are waiting on. We should be buying proven players alongside them.

Which centre back / right back would you want in the premier league who we could sign?

For me, we made a blunder not signing Eder Militao 2 summers ago, went to Porto for €7mil and then onto Madrid for €50mil. He could have been a CB / RB for us.

To that end, there are players outside of the premier league that we should be going for...

Id be very happy with us signing a potential superstar u21 centre back with pace and athleticism rather than a premier league player.

We still need one or two more seasons to mould the squad so imo its better for us to continue to build.

The same source that tipped me off re: Iwobi has indicated that Wanyama on loan is a goer.
Doesn’t make sense that. He’s hardly been fit in 2yrs and isn’t a great player. Just swapping him for. Schneiderlin doesn’t improve us that much.

Unless they are giving gbamin the full season to recover.

Doesn’t make sense that. He’s hardly been fit in 2yrs and isn’t a great player. Just swapping him for. Schneiderlin doesn’t improve us that much.

Unless they are giving gbamin the full season to recover.
You underestimate how little I rate Schneiderlin.

Also, Gbamin has turned out to be a Kroldrup, and these 'injuries' are just a means of saving face until he leaves in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back