Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want us to over spend in January. A couple of loans fine, keep the money and build in the summer. The seasons over, the better players will be available in July

If we can bring in a starting CM, I would do it now but otherwise I tend to agree.

We need signings but too many at this stage would suggest to me that not enough foresight was applied.

There is no margin of error anymore in a squad already crammed full with inadequate and underwhelming signings.

I haven't seen a lot of Klavan, mainly just derby games. The ones he's played in, he was better than our defenders.

I think it's safe to say at this point mate we could have plucked 11 Evertonians from the crowd yesterday, plopped them on the pitch and they'd have shown a bit more about them than our so called professionals did.

It is underwhelming, but it honestly gets to the point where you think anybody has to be better than those who played yesterday.

Not related to Klavan in particular, but I have no issue with a loan deal if it helps us get adequate and/or better cover in for any position, to tide things over. It doesn't have to be loan to buy.

Given the sheer amount of re-building required again, I think maximising our loan input is going to have to return as a key part of strategy.

We have sought to bring in too many players numbers wise in the summer windows and this is the biggest issue as I see it. You stretch a budget too far that way and quantity trumps quality.. We need do do far better and loans can help us bridge that gap.

Despite the fact that almost anyone will be better than what we currently have, we should be very careful about who we buy lest we get lumbered with the next generation of the current crop of wasters. Loan players in first, try before you buy like Gomes. Promote the odd youth player like Gordon. Marginalise those who aren’t good enough.

If we’re dropping £100k p/w on players they need to be right for us. Tosun, Bolasie, Sándro, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Niasse, Keane and Sigurdsson are robbing this club of approx £700k p/w and they offer absolutely nothing. Better to be cautious than add to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back