Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would honestly much sooner see the back of him than all 4 of them. The others have their flaws, but Sigurdsson is a literal passenger and hides from the ball. I don't rate him in the slightest, and part of the reason is, you know what he is capable of every now and then, but he never looks bothered enough to do anything about it. I remember Fellaini getting loudly booed once for apparently not trying. He lost the ball and looked to give up, throwing his arms in the air in a strop. It's the way I feel every time I see him saunter round the pitch avoiding the ball like he's playing pass the parcel.

Give me Niasse over this absolute fraud any day.
Tuson offers nothing and never has
Seeing niassewearing the shirt is an embarrassment
Morgan is a proper French coward and doesn’t even has the attitude of the other two he disrespects is every time he strolls around not arsed on the pitch
Walcott ?? There could be an argument made for wanting siggy out before him so we will put that down the a difference of opinion

You’re on the wind up or insane ...

.....it’s Wednesday 8th January, and here’s this mornings Toffee transfer rumour round-up;

- The Liverpool Echo report Carlo Ancelotti as saying Everton will not do much transfer business this month. The Toffees manager has spoken to Marcel Brands about giving the Academy players more of an opportunity.

- Mundo Deportivo has dismissed claims that Barcelona centre-back, Jean-Clair Todibo has agreed to join AC Milan. The 20 year old will make a decision in mid-January, wanting to first talk to interested Premier League clubs (Everton, Watford and Southampton). Milan have reportedly given the Frenchman 48 hours to make a decision before moving onto other targets.

- The Star links Everton with Saint-Etienne Centre-Back, Wesley Fofana. The Ligue1 side are said to be ready to cash in on the 19 year old.

- Brazilian giants Santos have have dismissed a loan bid from Everton for centre-back Lucas Verissimo, according to UOL website. Santos are in need of money, so it made no sense to lend the 24 year old. Football Insider says Santos would sell Verissimo for £7m.

- Gazetto Dello Sport report Everton interest in Roma’s Steven N’Zonzi. The 31 year old central midfielder is currently on loan at Fenerbahce but was recently suspended after a training ground incident.

- Fotospor say Fenerbahce has joined the race to sign Everton striker, Cenk Tosun. Club President, Semih Ozsoy, met with Tosun’s father, Senol, who said his son prefers you stay in the Premier League. Speaking to the Turkish Daily Star, Besiktas Captain Burak Yilmaz, has urged the 28 year old to rejoin his club but that article also confirms Tosun’s preference to stay in the Premier League.

- A number of outlets pick up on the rumour from Goal, linking Everton with a move for Sassuolo winger, Jeremie Boga. The former Chelsea youth has a £17m price tag and is in the European top 5 statistics for ‘most dribbles completed.’

- The Telegraph again report Everton interest in Juventus centre-back, Merih Demiral, but the Turkish international only joined last summer from Sassuolo and the Italian giants are reluctant to sell the 21 year old.

It’s only a week into the window, only 2 clubs have done anything so far and that’s a team that didn’t need to and one that was desperate enough to loan a bang average player
I think we recalled him due to Stek being out of contract in the summer so can talk to other clubs and could go in Jan if an offer came in. Not sure Jaoao was getting much game time on loan anyway.

It would be baffling to agree to leave the squad as is, as insinuated by the Echo. The midfield is awful. At least need loan reinforcements for this season.

While i agree with you with regards to being awful and reinforcements needed. I think we need to stop thinking jumping into the transfer window can sort us out.
We cant continue making the same mistakes every window.
Managing to get rid of a few 'bad eggs' or 'over paid garbage' only to realise 6 months later we have more of the same.

The most important thing we have seen is alot of our players have an absolute terrible mentality, how much research do we do before we sign these players. Why are they happy to cone to everton? Is it at hope of progresing and maybe getting a massive move down the line or is it down to losing motivation at being deemed not good enough already getting the big move.

Links with the likes of Rabiot, Under etc are worrying? Why are these clubs willing to sell? You may strike lucky every now and then.

But if the players havent been thoroughly researched and saught after to fit into the team properly, im willimg to sit tight and give acadamy players ago.

We are again bloated with players deemed not good enough, we cant continue to add to that pile

The cup disgrace has changed my opinion on this window completely.

Had we accepted Klopp’s gift & been in the 4th round, I was desperate for us to really go for it with statement signings. “Hames” on loan etc.. & go all out to win the Cup.

Now I’d prefer we take a more considered long term approach. Only bring in young players, who we can develop.

I want Ancelotti to show absolute ruthlessness with the current wasters. Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun, Walcott, Keane told to find new clubs in this window, as they won’t be selected again & won’t train with the squad.

Even with our crap squad & injuries now, we’ve got enough to finish the season without missing those 5.

Hope we can bring a couple in, but not if they’re panic buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back