Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niasse is going nowhere. He's more than happy to sit on his arse for another few months on top wages for no work. Why would he bother going to Burnley to lift a finger? He'll end up abroad in the summer. Can't wait for him to go. Same for Martina.
Exactly. It's shameful that Niasse didn't take a move to the Championship where he would have got more games. Clearly wants to stay for the money. Tarnished himself in my eyes

I actually think it one of the worst things hes done at the club, its really poor judgement, he had to make a decision on Robinson Vs Baines.

Interestingly, I was reading some comments on Twitter last night from Wigan fans who were bemused because they didn't think he'd been that good. I can't claim to have seen him this season myself.

I do remember, however, someone saying how they'd been in one of the boxes at Goodison a few years ago while Joe Royle was still here and it was around the time that we were being linked with Luke Shaw - Royle commented to the people in this box that Everton wouldn't sign someone like Luke Shaw because we had Robinson coming through.

Worth bearing in mind that Milan are probably only signing him as a back-up option - they're letting Ricardo Rodriguez out on loan. Theo Hernandez is their preferred choice at left back, understandably.

Baines has arguably been better than Digne this season though so I the decision had been justified.

Its not a simple is baines a good player though, he is, hes regressing though hes 33/34 - he could go in the summer. We decided to pay him a one year contract on prob about 5 mill a year.

VS.

Promoting Robinson and letting Baines go, lad has 10 -15 years ahead on him, we had him on a nice wage and today is signing for AC Milan for multi millions.

Now we need to go out and sign a new left back for 10's of millions if Baines leaves in the summer.

Its massively poor from Brands, costing the club millions.

Interestingly, I was reading some comments on Twitter last night from Wigan fans who were bemused because they didn't think he'd been that good. I can't claim to have seen him this season myself.

I do remember, however, someone saying how they'd been in one of the boxes at Goodison a few years ago while Joe Royle was still here and it was around the time that we were being linked with Luke Shaw - Royle commented to the people in this box that Everton wouldn't sign someone like Luke Shaw because we had Robinson coming through.

Worth bearing in mind that Milan are probably only signing him as a back-up option - they're letting Ricardo Rodriguez out on loan. Theo Hernandez is their preferred choice at left back, understandably.

The player peice is subjective, he may go on and be great or he may tank.

But the reality is there is a huge market for the lad, 6 months after selling him - that is poor business and poor judgement.

Its not a simple is baines a good player though, he is, hes regressing though hes 33/34 - he could go in the summer. We decided to pay him a one year contract on prob about 5 mill a year.

VS.

Promoting Robinson and letting Baines go, lad has 10 -15 years ahead on him, we had him on a nice wage and today is signing for AC Milan for multi millions.

Now we need to go out and sign a new left back for 10's of millions if Baines leaves in the summer.

Its massively poor from Brands, costing the club millions.

How has he cost the club millions? Antonee Robisnon is not good enough for the premier league. He sold him for the best offer on the table in the summer to get his wages off the books in his contract year.

AC Milan are wildly overpaying for a bang average player who will, in GOT world, now be looked back on as the Roberto Carlos that got away.

Nice one, thanks.

I have literally no idea why they would do that, but it seems they are.

Milan have been/are crap. They've gone on a decent run since Ibra came back and are 6th now.

Theo Hernandez has been by far their best player this season both offensively and defensively. Rodriguez was on big wages and not playing at all and he went to PSV on loan yesterday. He'll be shipped off in the summer I imagine.

Robinson is back-up to Hernandez but on a lot less.

Exactly. It's shameful that Niasse didn't take a move to the Championship where he would have got more games. Clearly wants to stay for the money. Tarnished himself in my eyes

Shameful??? So you'd be happy to drop wages to do exactly the same job when you don't need to?

It's not his fault we pay him so much

How has he cost the club millions? Antonee Robisnon is not good enough for the premier league. He sold him for the best offer on the table in the summer to get his wages off the books in his contract year.

AC Milan are wildly overpaying for a bang average player who will, in GOT world, now be looked back on as the Roberto Carlos that got away.

Thats your opinion obviously AC Milan have a different opinion on the player.

How has he cost the club millions? easy, the fee and sell on we get for Robinon has likely been spent on giving Baines a 1 year contract extention. 6 months latter the lad we chose to bin, moves to AC Milan for 6-10 million.

Now if Baines, goes in the summer, which is very likely, we need to go out and drop what 10 - 20 million on a new left back.

Millions wasted, its massively poor.

Brands hasn't used his crystal ball mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back