Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate posts like this because they group everyone up into one catch-all category and totally ignore the nuance of the debate

Some of us would just be happy with a player or two on loan, a belief that doesn't deserve any of the sort of ridiculous OTT bleating that you've just vomited onto the screen

I think 2 loans is impossible given we already have Sidibe... I thought Premier League clubs were limited to 2 loans in their playing squad.

There isn't one centre mid or striker out there that was available for loan that we couldn't bring in just to bolster the squad and maybe give everyone a reason to be interested?

A half season loan for a player/players who might do well and could potentially be brought in on a perm in the summer doesn't seem like a ridiculous request really does it?

Oh well, onwards I guess

There isn't one centre mid or striker out there that was available for loan that we couldn't bring in just to bolster the squad and maybe give everyone a reason to be interested?

A half season loan for a player/players who might do well and could potentially be brought in on a perm in the summer doesn't seem like a ridiculous request really does it?

Oh well, onwards I guess
Could we not bring Besic back ?
He's playing ok.

Think a number of people just need to step back and look at the bigger picture for once. It's all too reactionary around here.

Both Marcel Brands and Carlo Ancelotti know far more about football, and the business of it, then any member of Grand Old Team forums. Let's just leave them to it, ey?

For what it's worth - Ancelotti is correct when he says that, for now, the squad is fine. We'll be right were we deserve to be at the end of the season and that's really the long and short of it. The summer is when we can, once again, get another bit of a rebuild underway should it be strictly necessary.

Chill out, people.

Its the Euros this summer just saying.
Also players, managers and sports directors will be on holiday after that.

Can't see us getting the required 7-8 players the first 11 needs to compete for top4 during one short summer window.

The sensible thing would be to start the process this January with a couple of signings to a) improve the team for the rest of this season and b) to make the summer a little less hectic

Cuco Martina is one of the most underrated full-backs in the modern game. Knows how to put his boots on, tie them, knows to try and win the ball, knows to try and pass it. Top-notch. Lucky WBA he will be sorely missed. Martina leaving suggests we will sign one player by 11pm.

You need to give it up mate, just put it down as a bad job.

I thought it was 3?

Didn't we have 3 in 2014 with Barry, Lukaku and the big lad who scored on his debut via back heel and then got immediately injured?

Just looked it up to satisfy my curiosity

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back