Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s Walsh, I have other nicknames in the bank for the other two

The three were a bad combination at a massive time of transition. Persoanlly i find Bill and Koeman more culpable on the recruitment score, but that is just a personal opinion. Walsh dropped a few clangers mind i dont think hes totally blameless, he was to nice as well i think.

The three were a bad combination and a massive time of transition. Persoanlly i find Bill and Koeman more culpable on the recruitment score, but that just a personal opinion. Walsh dropped a few clangers mind i dont think hes totally blameless, he was to nice as well i think.

Think Koeman was responsible for identifying a lot of the woeful players, but as far as the negotiating side of it and the fees we ended up paying, it’s on Walsh as director of football. A complete disaster of a combination.

Think Koeman was responsible for identifying a lot of the woeful players, but as far as the negotiating side of it and the fees we ended up paying, it’s on Walsh as director of football. A complete disaster of a combination.

Thats a fair point, on fees and wages.

I was wondering the other day, if Koeman was in charge now would we have sacked him.

I mean that in the sense we gave Silva a lot of time and essentially wrote of two bad half a seasons in his season and half here. In reality we sacked Koeman a few games into the season after qualifying for Europe and havent gotten close to that since, not that i think he was a brilliant manager or wouldn't have failed ultimately. But if was around now i think we would have persevered with him longer, after living through Big Sam PTSD.

End of the day most clubs around us have strengthened whilst we havent (arguably are weaker when Niasse is stand in over Tosun and no GK back up other than a 50 year old and kid bombed out the championship)

No chance of top 7 now sadly seasons over.

I remember one window in particular he shifted, Clevely for just shy of 10 milll and half our playing junk squad to Sunderland.

I think last summer is quite comparable really for outs

We sold for reasonable fees players who were not playing regularly

The junk we got rid of to Sunderland were not on big wages like the junk we have now....or overpaid compared to their ability.

Both windows we loaned out loads

So I think comparable, and then of course the INs were much better last summer than that disastrous one which has directly screwed us and is still screwing us

End of the day most clubs around us have strengthened whilst we havent (arguably are weaker when Niasse is stand in over Tosun and no GK back up other than a 50 year old and kid bombed out the championship)

No chance of top 7 now sadly seasons over.

Nah it’s not over till it’s mathematically impossible, not a single team has made a sit up and notice signing, everything is to play for

I think last summer is quite comparable really for outs

We sold for reasonable fees players who were not playing regularly

The junk we got rid of to Sunderland were not on big wages like the junk we have now....or overpaid compared to their ability.

Both windows we loaned out loads

So I think comparable, and then of course the INs were much better last summer than that disastrous one which has directly screwed us and is still screwing us

Fair ponits mate.

Its the real stinkers that are just so frustrating, Bolasie, Sandro, Martina and Niasse etc, its just a milestone year in year out. Im not sure anyone is like me but i just find it frustrating, some of them are here 6 - 8 windows.

Fair ponits mate.

Its the real stinkers that are just so frustrating, Bolasie, Sandro, Martina and Niasse etc, its just a milestone year in year out. Im not sure anyone is like me but i just find it frustrating, some of them are here 6 - 8 windows.

Cmon....every one of us is frustrated with it. That should be obvious

The 4 examples and others were handed wages they will get nowhere else and have no interest in permanent moves elsewhere on less. And in some instances possibly have no interest in inconvenient loan moves when the alternative is stay and get paid anyway. I don't blame them.

I blame Walsh and a manager that I thought we should never have gone near.

I personally can wait til end of summer 2021 to really assess Brands by what our overall squad looks like but it's clear this coming summer has to be a very good one even if it doesn't solve every one of our needs as some might wish or demand.

Cmon....every one of us is frustrated with it. That should be obvious

The 4 examples and others were handed wages they will get nowhere else and have no interest in permanent moves elsewhere on less. And in some instances possibly have no interest in inconvenient loan moves when the alternative is stay and get paid anyway. I don't blame them.

I blame Walsh and a manager that I thought we should never have gone near.

I personally can wait til end of summer 2021 to really assess Brands by what our overall squad looks like but it's clear this coming summer has to be a very good one even if it doesn't solve every one of our needs as some might wish or demand.

What do you make of Brands recruitment overall mate, ignoring the inherited players?

What do you make of Brands recruitment overall mate, ignoring the inherited players?

I think I'll know better after another couple windows as I do think he is operating with his hands tied because of the wages.

All the players in are better than what we had. Are more likeable (apart from Delph maybe) and are something to get behind. However they have all looked flawed too but let's see after a while with a top level manager what we think of them.

Nah it’s not over till it’s mathematically impossible, not a single team has made a sit up and notice signing, everything is to play for

Signings give clubs a boost:

Utd have strengthened their attack and midfield

Sheffield Utd have strengthened their midfield

Spurs have strengthened

Palace (Tosun is gash but will suit their style over ours so may be of some use to them)

After that Newcastle result I became adamant that we needed 1-2 players even just to psychologically give the dressing room a boost/ lift.

People underestimate just how weak minded this squad of players is - the club have accepted with 14 games to go the seasons done so I have too - no point getting your expectations up when as soon as we get within a sniff of those European spots the players will bottle it and let you down again.

We also aint qualifying for Europe with this shambolic midfield & Walcott out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back