January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days left of a transfer window where we need to close obvious skill gaps in the squad. One of our 3 attackers wants to leave. We're interviewing 2 managers with diametrically opposed views of football and I assume as a result recruitment targets. Oh yeah and the club is / but isn't up for sale and the chief exec is thinking of joining WWE.

WTAF. Can't wait for us to buy Moura on a 3 year deal on deadline day.
The fact that we have "3 attackers" is news to me. I certainly haven't seen any sign of it this, season.

10m is an ok gamble to try and find the goals that keep us on the PL money gravy train. And if he isn't injured now, I'm sure he'll get a calf strain being unveiled to the fans or struck by lightning warming up for his home debut. What we need is some ideas wide left or wide right.

Ziyech and Arnautovic on loan to help us get out of this mess would be fine. Both would be useful contributors in the near term.

Sinking significant capital into their acquisitions and then burdening ourselves with multi year wage obligations would not be fine. Both would prevent us from getting the kind of signings we need to properly rebuild the squad.

Loans are not options for these 2 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back