January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The financial regulations are still strangling us. We can’t spend big if we want to comply, that’s the unfortunate truth. The money for Richarlison and Gordon help the position a bit but we could do with more sales.

And we are looking at fraser...a joke of a club we have become. There is going to be a lot of people angry next week after the deadline day misery, and the arsenal destruction when we'll see very quickly that it will be much of the same with no plans for the future.
I was not against the Dyche appointment as I feel it offers a small chance of survival but the thought of having him manage us in the Championship is depressing. I think we would finally see attendances drop

shopping

This is something that gets lost in the "they spent 509m to be in the bottom three" narrative is that whilst that's terrible and yes our recruitment has been very poor its actually 300m net spend overall. Certain clubs in the EPL spend that most windows. Our issue is that many of our investments have walked out for little or nothing. And in the last two seasons we have cut costs and brought more in than has been invested its partly why our team isn't very good anymore. We stripped out the quality in attacking areas James, Richy, Digne, Sig, Bernard, all gone.
A relegation level club selling two attackers who stopped the drop last season is heading in only one direction.

The hope is that we get a reaction from the new manager and cheaper replacements and get safe...and to a sale in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back