January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont agree mate, i dont care what he wanted to do, having a warm body is better then no body. 45 mill is useless to us, if we loose 90 mill in revenue in a fall to the championship - the Gordon deal was idiocy if we have no body coming into improve us - we could have waited until today to sanction when we had something lined up or not, regardless of what you think of the player, its stupidity and unnecessary self abuse.
So I understand: You'd rather we played chicken with the buying club, knowing they likely have a plan B, C, etc, over a player that had stated his intention to management never to play for us again? Do you honestly believe we could have a) forced him out onto the pitch, and b) got anything resembling a tune out of him (after he'd been crap his entire career to date barring a handful of games)?

We are going down. If we still had Gordon, we'd still go down. The fact we have conned £45m out of Newcastle for him is literally the only good thing that has happened to us for at least two years.

Gallagher probably would have been an upgrade on one of Gana, Onana, Iwobi or Garner so it was right to do try. You go get player x on your list that costs 25m and you haven't actually made an improvement then you've chucked that money down the drain. This then might stop you getting perhaps a 40 million player in the summer as your budget won't stretch.

We have to ask ourselves do we want players just so we have bought anyone or do we want upgrades and/or money for future windows. We cannot keep making the same mistakes.
He stated he did not want to move North ......

And the board are absolutely to blame for that with their defensive PR campaigns... especially the headlock saga
Everybody has to shoulder the blame. We live in an era where respect of officials and players and not discriminating are very much in the public mind/eye. If some fans did what they did to Gordon's car to a referee we would have massive fines and potential points deductions. Talented players won't want to bother with it.

Which is a shame as we have a fanbase we can mostly be very proud of. The away fans always singing and backing the lads. It's a massive shame things have got to a boiling point as they have.

I said earlier, if we can't get our targets let's not panic buy to appease fans and paper over the cracks. Show some backbone and go with what we have or in an ideal world are able to pick up genuine targets.

Beto back on the cards xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Screenshot_20230131_142714.webp

What’s wild to me is how much the timing of Lampard’s sacking down to the day of the week has screwed us here. Like he should have been sacked after the Bournemouth debacle of course, as that’s what any sane club would have done, but it’s looking like the more micro timing of it has cost us Danjuma for sure, and perhaps Dembele, that’s the rumor anyway.

Will the extra week of Dyche getting to work with the squad be worth the goal scorers we missed out on? Did the club completely disregard the timing of the January window when they thought about when was the right time to sack a manager? After the Wolves and Southampton matches even would have given us a slightly better shot here. It’s absolutely disgraceful.
The cherry on top of that, of course, that it's the second time we've done it in 12 months.

Absolutely staggering the board sending us to our death like this. The club well and truly deserves to spiral down the leagues after this. Worst run club in the country by a mile. I'm absolutely outraged by what's happening here. Relegation is all but confirmed now - this squad is not better than 3 other squads in the division, arguably no other squad. Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back