January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great player!
This is so obviously a fake bid. You don't get a deal like this done at short notice unless (a) you are an attractive proposition- we're not or (b) you offer ridiculous money to player and club - we're skint.

An even if by some miracle we did sign him, won't matter a toss without creativity and/or wide players.

Another ghostly William Kenwright production.

No its fairly simple, you dont sanction a move, until you have improved or at the very least have a deal in place for replacement if there is a relationship break down, there was no difference selling Gordon or Sunday or today - but if we did today - if we couldn't have got anyone in we had a choice to make - now we dont we are weaker. Its that simple mate. We've limited out choices and made ourselves weaker and short, when even before we decided t sell Gordon we need stretehening - sanctioning his sale was stupid. Nothing to do with rating the plaer or not - player trading it was stupid as the point is making yourself stronger, we did the opposite.

I love how people expect us to pull moves like this (lining up a replacement before selling) but we've literally done it like twice in the entire history of the club

Screenshot_2023-01-31-14-31-14-618-edit_com.android.chrome.webp

They've bought mostly crap, so I don't believe they have in in them to not buy more crap, if crap is all that's available.

That's a lot of crap. They'd still buy as a last-ditch act of appeasement.

I'd rather nobody was signed if that's the case but there is definitely something going on in terms of restrictions or other business, if a club so deep in the mire as we are sells a player for £45m with the bulk of that in an up-front payment, and does no incoming transfers. It runs deeper than the club being unattractive, much, much deeper than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back