January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark my words. By midnight we'll have at least 3 THREE signings in the bag. As much as I don't like this board and think they're useless there's no way Dyche, with all the negotiating power he had, would not have gotten commitments to a few transfers in. And they'll be late given timings of the new manager.

To be honest I'm more surprised we've not seen someone like Holgate or Mina leave just to help balance the books a bit.

I think even if we don't sign anyone we should have a team good enough to play in dyches preffered 4-4-2 formation to do better than 3 other teams in our remaining games.

He kept Burnley up for 6-7 seasons with a weaker team we have now and from that perspective its definitely attainable. The biggest issue is the poor position Frank left us in the league. Clearly he should have gone earlier to give dyche a very good chance. Now he just has a fighting chance.

I think I should have probably contributed to a banner for the protests, and added some specifics.

something like…

“BOARD OUT! PLAYERS IN!”

Mark my words. By midnight we'll have at least 3 THREE signings in the bag. As much as I don't like this board and think they're useless there's no way Dyche, with all the negotiating power he had, would not have gotten commitments to a few transfers in. And they'll be late given timings of the new manager.

To be honest I'm more surprised we've not seen someone like Holgate or Mina leave just to help balance the books a bit.

Charles we are not signing 3 players.

We did just have a fella leave us for 45 million pounds like

They'll be washed up players like Ayew and Dele Alli on a free.

They'll be players left with no alternatives come the end of the day so things are likely to move. But in those cases it will be more like back up players than starters.

No its fairly simple, you dont sanction a move, until you have improved or at the very least have a deal in place for replacement if there is a relationship break down, there was no difference selling Gordon or Sunday or today - but if we did today - if we couldn't have got anyone in we had a choice to make - now we dont we are weaker. Its that simple mate. We've limited out choices and made ourselves weaker and short, when even before we decided t sell Gordon we need stretehening - sanctioning his sale was stupid. Nothing to do with rating the plaer or not - player trading it was stupid as the point is making yourself stronger, we did the opposite.
We hold on too long, Newcastle move to another target. We decide to keep the player, for fear of being "weaker and short", he either doesn't play at all or massively phones it in, all the while losing a massive chunk of value so when we come to sell him post-relegation we probably get £15m.

As with the Richarlison deal, we held absolutely none of the cards. Through years of sheer ineptitude we have worked our way into a uniquely dreadful bargaining position. We can puff our chests out and try our luck if we like, but not a chance that would have worked out in any way positively for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back