January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting?

"Everton have moved their attention on to Genk attacker Onuachu. The 28-year-old has been in excellent form in the Belgian league this season, scoring an incredible 16 goals in just 19 games."

Maybe just paper talk but it's food for thought.

I hear this all the time - i dont accept it - when do we sell our players and improve, we've all been condiditioned into accetping as a necessity and people are afraid if we dont - its rubbish. We need a backbone.

Sanctioning Gordons deal ws stupid, i didnt say letting him go was stupid - given the context - its unfortunate - but sanctioning it leaving ourselves short was unnecessary and stupid.

Ill concede my point to anyone arguing the opposite, who can point to us at the moment and say we have improved because of it.

He stays...stinks out the gaff, doesn't want to train. How have we improved? You don't keep players who don't want to play for you. There has been loads of cases where you can see that play out in front of you. (Lescott for one)

We have 40 million in the bank that might go to 45, might be an extra 10 at somepoint with the sell on clause. That is how we have improved.

Good, move on Newcaslte.....we're not caught short.

I dont agree with that, we didnt have to sell Gordon out of financial necessity.
In time I have a feeling we'll find out that we did, but even if not: Do you think it'd have been good business to hold onto an asset that would markedly depreciate in value in the coming months, in the knowledge that he wasn't committed to the cause of the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back