January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing to do with Dyche. Southampton are managing to attract players with their nobody of a manager.

Players are going to be more put off with our amateur board claiming the fans are a danger to them.

More likely we haven’t actually put a serious offer in for anyone and are still twiddling our thumbs.
Is Dyche known as a development coach compared to the rest of those counterparts. And do we have a history of recruiting with a savvy sell on strategy with young players compared to Saints, let alone the academy structure? All reasons these players would look elsewhere and why both the board's approach and managerial rationale deserves scrutiny.

My view is the attraction to Dyche is rife with a board who don't acknowledge their primary way to becoming sustainable. And conversley Id argue Southampton have very intelligently made business and are building where survival is not inherently necessary to the rest of their plans longterm or would drastically diminish their players values.

The reasons this board was interested in Dyche are in part informed by their belief in him allowing them to avoid doing things properly or currently needing to recruit. That's not his fault, but when it comes to attracting up coming players compared to their league counterparts, and failing to do so, the fingerprints are all over the place as to why.

Bingo. We've publicly waved our skiddy undies around for all to see over the past few weeks, and now we're expecting to lure some tasty new talent back to ours.

I highly doubt there was a genuine attempt to sign any of them but even if so, I'd actually judge anyone who chose us over pretty much any other club at this point.
Most players are mercenaries they have no loyalty to any club just to the pound in the pocket, if we go down they would be looking for a move and we would be looking to get the wages out of the club, money talks and I guess for most players in the average to smaller clubs in France, Spain we would be doubling their wages, again it looks like we have taken to long to sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back