January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take with a grain of salt, but I'm hearing from my super reliable source that we're going to be signing James Overy from Perth Glory in this window.

Linked with Onyeka from Brentford. A loan with an option to buy wouldn’t be bad business at all. It would also soften the inevitable last min sale of Onana.

Linked with Onyeka from Brentford. A loan with an option to buy wouldn’t be bad business at all. It would also soften the inevitable last min sale of Onana.
I honestly can’t recall a thing about him as a player but with a bit more experience under his belt he might be a more practical loan than someone like Hannibal. The worry with a developing youngster is by the time they’re up to speed it’s time to send them back.

Never really stood out when I’ve watched him, Brentford who’re struggling happy to sell says it all, we should be going for young players in our financial predicament,
Yes get older experienced players on loan or free’s but 20mil and probably a 4yr deal and another 15mil in wages for back up who will probably walk away on a free in 4yrs

Never really stood out when I’ve watched him, Brentford who’re struggling happy to sell says it all, we should be going for young players in our financial predicament,
Yes get older experienced players on loan or free’s but 20mil and probably a 4yr deal and another 15mil in wages for back up who will probably walk away on a free in 4yrs
The article that linked him to us did say we’d be offering a loan if anything. Like you say as a 20m signing he would be exactly the sort of thing we’ve hopefully stopped doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back