January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats a silly offer for a keeper turning 30 in march?

Fake news.

Fake news.

Say on Beto, Chemiti, Harrison etc - i.e. players we signed on the never, never.

Say we move to BMD in the financial year 24/25, we can project increased revenue that may help to pay these fees. Ifs and buts i know.

But if the stadium will be finished within the next financial year, we are likely to have a bit of increased revenue to plan with.

Say on Beto, Chemiti, Harrison etc - i.e. players we signed on the never, never.

Say we move to BMD in the financial year 24/25, we can project increased revenue that may help to pay these fees. Ifs and buts i know.

But if the stadium will be finished within the next financial year, we are likely to have a bit of increased revenue to plan with.

Sponsors and sales based on the stadium will surely be done well in advance so I think we'll be fine.

The savings on wages alone and unexpected fees for Iwobi and Gray will be a massive plus.

Keeps himself fit and healthy he’s got at least another 5 years in him, silly offer I would say 50m?

Perhaps, some of the loan fees for players have been close to that.

£40mil for a depreciating asset would make sense I'd say.

We do not need to sign 4 players.
Maybe not, if we will 100% not suffer injuries, but that seems silly.

After selling Gana and Gomes, that leaves us 2 midfielders, seems risky.

After selling Keane, that leaves us 3 CBs, seem risky.

Young has played quite a lot, Patters and Myko pick up a lot of injuries, we would seem light without another Fullback.

But anyway, we 100% arent selling 5 players in the next window, 2 of which we signed 4months ago.

Outs:
Doucoure - out of contract
Too limited for us to be progressive.

Gueye - out of contract
Days have been numbered for him

Gomes - out of contract
That injury cost him dearly but huge wages

Dele - out of contract
We can't afford his buyout which is a shame but huge wages again

Young - out of contract
A stop gap plain and simple

Coleman - out of contract
35, two major injuries in the last few years and sadly ran his race at Everton.

Keane - any fee (contracted 2025)
A liability for us and not the standard we need. Lampard called it on him and he was right.

Holgate - any fee (contracted 2026 WTF)
Just get rid. Had potential but it's gone to his head and he just hasn't played well for 3 years.

Next summer, we will have a smaller squad especially with Harrison and Danjuma on loan so they could also go but we will have to sell another asset (DCL, Pickford, Onana or Branthwaite).

The only positive is our wage bill. It will again be much stronger but this squad size is worrying

If fullbacks, even if only on a short term loan, aren't on our list for January then I don't understand anything about this football club.

Outs:
Doucoure - out of contract
Too limited for us to be progressive.

Gueye - out of contract
Days have been numbered for him

Gomes - out of contract
That injury cost him dearly but huge wages

Dele - out of contract
We can't afford his buyout which is a shame but huge wages again

Young - out of contract
A stop gap plain and simple

Coleman - out of contract
35, two major injuries in the last few years and sadly ran his race at Everton.

Keane - any fee (contracted 2025)
A liability for us and not the standard we need. Lampard called it on him and he was right.

Holgate - any fee (contracted 2026 WTF)
Just get rid. Had potential but it's gone to his head and he just hasn't played well for 3 years.

Next summer, we will have a smaller squad especially with Harrison and Danjuma on loan so they could also go but we will have to sell another asset (DCL, Pickford, Onana or Branthwaite).

The only positive is our wage bill. It will again be much stronger but this squad size is worrying

Dont understand where youre getting Holgate 2026 from? He Keane and Godfrey all 2025

It's worth not having Zat on ignore just for the comedy value of his posts

What was funny :eek:

Man still thinks we can just “sell Keane and Gomes” as if we haven’t been trying for the past 4 years.

"Man still thinks" ? Is this how you speak in real life :eek:

We had an offer for Keane in January. Clearly hes still here.

Gomes we had turkish and saudi interest in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.