January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah only reason i put it up thought would be a player we would look at could play on the right and then harrison could go in the doucoure role
indeed you would think we are interested in a loan. still think Danjuma's name will pop up again with a late transfer even if Lyon are not interested anymore.

Surely that depends on what the team wants to do?

As we are now we concede possession, play direct for the counter, high press and win the ball higher up the field.

As for "worst at keeping the ball in the opposition half" we're 17th for it and 18th overall possession.

But that's how we're set up and it's effective.
We are then currently 10th for touches in the attacking 3rd, xG, shots, 7th for big chances missed.

Think your hang up on "possession" overlooks how the team sets up. I personally think it's more down to quality of execution and goals.

We're very much similar to West Ham in every stat who are currently 6th. Mainly due to their execution and having more quality in front of goal.

When I say poor in possession I did say in the attacking sense.

Pickford and tarks passing the ball to each other before lumping it forward to the opposition gk still counts toward possession .

But , that aside, I am talking about when we have the ball in the attacking half, when attacking we rarely put 3 forward passes together. I count them when I’m watching, we have to many players that give possessions away easily. I’m not talking when they are trying KDB defence splitting passes either. I’m talking simple 5 years balls or a simple weighted pass in front of a team mate.

It’s the reason we struggle to create . We have one of the best returns from corners in the league , without that we really struggle to score from open play.

I'll go back to my previous point....it's all down deal structures and options. We have little.

Finding the new Olise and Eze (who's 25 btw) is fine...but on their comparison cost towards £30mill each.

The reality is previously we bought poorly with no structure. That has nothing to do with age.

We need to stay in the league. If Dyche and Thelwell think Harrison is the option to do that within the structure then that's a correct decision.

Goes round in circles every transfer window where anyone over 25 is deemed worthless.

Our average squad age is the same as Man City's btw (26).

I’m not saying don’t sign him because he’s worthless. I’m saying that because we are in such a bad state with money , we can’t afford to by meh players that offer no future potential value or resale value.

It’s the only way we are going to be able to become sustainable .

Status
Not open for further replies.