January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could fleece Spurs for £20 million for Godfrey and find someone to take Gomes of our hands that will free up around £175k a week in wages and might free up some funds to bring in a couple of additions.

If we frees up 175k a week we would still be losing to much money as a business.

I would rather sell than and not “replace “ them as they have contributed zero to the club for years.

We could then sell others and use their wages saved for any incoming players .

I wouldn’t take Richy back tbh…

Being shown up for the limited footballer he is at spurs imo.

He got the knack of scoring 7-10 a season but his decision making, passing and wastefulness in possession is not far off doucoure standards
He is too much of a maverick for a Dyche setup anyway imo, he needs a team building around him. I'm glad you said what you did though mate as I think some of our fanbase massively overrate him, he is not a bad player but he is nowhere near as good as he thinks or as some fans think imo.

Not sure he's prepared to work his butt off, which is what we need from our players.
Considering limited funds and the transition im sure we will focus on sales, especially if our form continues to seem promising. That said I would look at 777's portfolio first to see if any in-house trading could be possible. They would have some invested interest to leverage their best talent to their most valuable club asset in the take over.
That list likely starts with Morten Frendrup. The danish CM/CDM has looked very very good at Genoa this campaign. Rumors even with Liverpool interested. I doubt 777 would allow a rival sale at this point but for the player, we may be a intelligent next move to establish himself. There isnt a whole lot in the 777 portfolio but he could be a real fetch from the new owners. Having been in Serie B last year he's still a little under the radar but with some staggering stats at the beginning of this campaign. I expect him to be in the danish Euro team too which could elevate his suitors.
He also was prior at 777's Brondby so its conceivable he would feel comfortable moving again in the farm of clubs. And considering he is on fairly low wages I could see Everton being a opportunity to simply scale up his wages and maybe attract larger paying suitors if he breaks out without the same risk of a transfer to a new structure.
Another name at CB would be Radu Dragusin at Genoa. has looked good early goings. Can cover at LB too.
Dont think we would get both but we do need cover at cm has the highest number of tackles in the leagur frendrup so maybe similar to gana. Thought was liked to him before chelsea could have been under brands tho

Can’t see us signing anyone. A Godfrey sale would be good for ffp and give some lids for payment to Porto / Udinese in July

Didnt rich get double figures each season he was here, not saying he is amazing but easily walks into the everton side imo.
Yes, revisionist history by a few here that just see some stats on a Tottenham page and think its cool to be past that now. Richy would be our best winger, and he fits into a Dyche side because he has tireless work ethic and constantly tracks back. Has a tougher stretch in a different side and all of the sudden hes no longer any good.

2097 minutes for Tottenham, 5 goals and 7 assists. Statistically thats pretty close to what he would average for us, he just got more game time.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-green-light-move-as-tottenham-swoop-sources/

*this was saying we will sell Godfrey if a bid comes in & Branthwaite not for sale.

If we sold anyone to Spurs the Dele payment would probably be taken off that so Dyche would probably start using him to get him a good run of games. Can’t see us offloading Dele anywhere else so may have to start using him to try and get him back to how he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back