January transfer window 2024

Carlos Forbs linked from Ajax.

He was the City winger who won the best premier league 2 player last season.

West Ham wanted him in the summer for £15-20mil but he went to Ajax.

Portuguese so perhaps with a view to pairing him and Chermiti in some capacity.
I thought he was called Carlos Borges...

9781409102731.jpg

Its a loan proposal available as he wants more game time.

Hopefully the rumour of our interest is true.

Godfrey out & Wharton + Forbs in would be a nice little dream.

On that note, goodnight ;)
Blackburn just rejected an £18m bid from Palace for Wharton, if they aren`t taking £18m they certainly aren`t taking what we can afford....

Have said club is looking at loans but agree cant see any coming in even tho we need players in
Can understand the no fee transfers and totally agree tbh but we should be able to put some sort of loan together surely? The squad is threadbare in certain areas and in options. We really need to step up and stop acting like such an amateur outfit all the bloody time, it's pathetic.

Yeah hopefully can see more next week, has been really quiet from the club no decent links apart from the united kid who went to spain
Can understand the no fee transfers and totally agree tbh but we should be able to put some sort of loan together surely? The squad is threadbare in certain areas and in options. We really need to step up and stop acting like such an amateur outfit all the bloody time, it's pathetic.

Remember Gray is 17 & Wharton 19. They wont be finished articles by any stretch.

The point is that if we got a big fee for Onana (who i want to stay) and brought both of them in alongside Garner + an experienced older loan signing for next season it may prove to be sensible long term planning.

Whether older players in the championship were currently superior doesnt really matter...its whether these two (or similar) have high upside.

If Onana was sold -- was my original point.

We'd only have Garner contracted end of the season. Gana & Gomes deals expire.

We'd need 2 or 3 more players in if Onana was sold for a big fee.
I believe that we have an option to extend gana for another year.