Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah come summer he’s gone sadly. The club need the money and he’s our most saleable asset by a mile.
I also feel like we will need to sell someone, we cannot keep taking out 20 mil loans every month just to cover operating costs. But Branthwaite is a must keep. I think Onana might be the one we have to part with soon just to stay afloat. Would command a decent fee and we have cover in Garner. Easier to replace a DM than a stud CB.

Got stuck in when he had too, got clattered a few times, nearly scored, straight into the the horse punching scruffs at the final whistle, clean sheet and some nice football.
Fantastic centre half performance.

….the pace to run with the likes of Gordon, the powers of recovery and reading the game with key interceptions. i also think winning football matches matters to him;

IMG_7250.webp

This is what a top prospect at centre backs look like. Say again that he looks a better centre back than John Stones at the same age, more of the basics, great in the air, physicality, pace, positional sense - not as good on the ball but makings of a top centre back.

This is what a top prospect at centre backs look like. Say again that he looks a better centre back than John Stones at the same age, more of the basics, great in the air, physicality, pace, positional sense - not as good on the ball but makings of a top centre back.
He is an absolute rock now. Absolutely dominates in the hair and always seems to be in the right place in the box to block crosses. Just makes everything look so easy because he is very big, very quick and nearly always in the right position.

Looks like the more senior players compared to Tarks now.
I didn’t see anything to get excited about before he went off to PSV. I guess I was wrong.

I doubt he will be here next season. I hope I’m wrong again.

Higher ceiling than Stones this lad and already better than Stones was at this age. Incredible.

£120m now and an extra £5m to his price tag with every impressive game.

Higher ceiling than Stones this lad and already better than Stones was at this age. Incredible.

Was about to say he looks much better than Stones did for us. Obviously there was clear potential with Stones but it's quite frightening how monstrous Jarrad can become. We either have a gem or some big money coming through our doors within the next few seasons!

Come on, he looks fantastic but Stones is one of the best players in the world. He a key player for the European Champions. The ceiling doesn’t get that much higher.

I also feel like we will need to sell someone, we cannot keep taking out 20 mil loans every month just to cover operating costs. But Branthwaite is a must keep. I think Onana might be the one we have to part with soon just to stay afloat. Would command a decent fee and we have cover in Garner. Easier to replace a DM than a stud CB.
We already need another midfielder, maybe 2 with gana 34 and is he out of contract next summer? , so that’s 3 then. I wouldn’t sell Onana or Branthwaite.
Pickford and DCL would be the first on the list to go if we need money

Come on, he looks fantastic but Stones is one of the best players in the world. He a key player for the European Champions. The ceiling doesn’t get that much higher.
I think they’re saying in his first breakout season, stones was very good, but I think Branthwaite is a better defender. Also stones broke into a top 6 side,
Not one fighting relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back