2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

As much as I would like to keep him I believe his sale is vital to Everton under our current predicament. I would hate to see us keep him and still be close to PSR. Also I would hate him to have an average 2 nd season and see his value half. Think we have to exploit the market
Keep him. I don't give a monkeys about PSR, FFP or audirors, I just want to see great players in Everton shirt.

It's good to see that his confidence doesn't get shot too much. He had a poor game on Monday and a couple of weeks back he had a few games where he was poor but he's bounced back twice now (against Burnley and today). Thought he was great today. Played on the front foot in defence and attack. Wish he kept running for that DCL cross, would have added a bit to his transfer value.

….i’m old and quite a few years ago declared John Stones the best CB I’ve seen during my time watching Everton but I’m not so sure now.
Barring injury he will be better than Stones, he is every bit as comfortable on the ball as Stones was at this stage of his career, but, he has physical attributes that Stones never had. He's also quite happy to go to war with the grocks.

Barring injury he will be better than Stones, he is every bit as comfortable on the ball as Stones was at this stage of his career, but, he has physical attributes that Stones never had. He's also quite happy to go to war with the grocks.

…yep, I really like his attitude and application. He knows he’s in demand and will leave but he’s dedicated to our cause. Footy matters to him.

Keep him. I don't give a monkeys about PSR, FFP or audirors, I just want to see great players in Everton shirt.
That can be tough when clubs come around offering a massive wage packet, Champions League footy and Three Lions visibility. His agent stands to make a percentage, and will tell him to snap their hand off.