2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

….i’m old and quite a few years ago declared John Stones the best CB I’ve seen during my time watching Everton but I’m not so sure now.

Branthwaite is defensively much better than Stones was and better in the air. He doesn't have the absolute class on the ball that Stones had which is why Pep wanted him, but he has other strengths and isn't bad at all on the ball either.

Stones was made for a Pep-type system. Branthwaite is more of a conventional centre back, but he's also destined for great things. Just hope we aren't forced to sell him for less than his worth this summer

He is a bit special isn't he.

McNeils goal was stunning enough to take all the plaudits but look who started the move.

The chat about Stones, actually this game made me think on the utd semi final. In that game we were a tactical mess thanks to roblerto and Stones took it upon himself to change the game, bringing the ball forward and changing our shape and creating overloads. Brainthwaite did that two or three times against forest in a clutch game.

The chat about Stones, actually this game made me think on the utd semi final. In that game we were a tactical mess thanks to roblerto and Stones took it upon himself to change the game, bringing the ball forward and changing our shape and creating overloads. Brainthwaite did that two or three times against forest in a clutch game.

That Beto celebration is boss lol